Do you use Twitter?

I use it quite a bit myself.

Don't follow celebrities, but I find that if you have a hobby it's quite useful & amusing.

My own hobby is drinking real ale and I've managed to blag my way onto a couple of #twissup's as a result of my habit of tweeting rubbish from pubs.

So yes, Twitter can be good in the right circumstances.

I use twitter quite a bit, but not for a job search. Yes, I follow celebrities and my friends, but I also use it as a point of contact for customer service reasons. Most recently received help for an app not downloading to my phone from theyre developers (they sent me a link that works with my phone, but not available on the app download site). Royal Mail assisted me with finding a missing package and Sky helped me with some programming questions/issues.

Ive found it to be a better tool for marketing and the like, over facebook - where site admins seems to drag their feet and ignore most posts on their pages. Twitter is real-time and cant really be ignored.

Nah, cant say id look for a job via twitter. What does that say to potential employers, about their employees? 'Oh well looks like they spend quite alot of time on twitter....mobile'.

Suppose... although a lot of employee's like someone who is social media savvy. Do you reckon would ever give it a go if you didnt have a job?

Archived