Life exit services

I think the idea is backed by the majority so why is it not an option?

there is the real possibility that if euthanasia was really legal then some people may be encouraged to do it because they are "in the way" or the relatives want the estate.

the current legal situation actually works in that someone genuinely assisting a genuine suicide is unlikely to be prosecuted while providing some deterrent to those with ulterior motives

there is the real possibility that if euthanasia was really legal then some people may be encouraged to do it because they are "in the way" or the relatives want the estate.

the current legal situation actually works in that someone genuinely assisting a genuine suicide is unlikely to be prosecuted while providing some deterrent to those with ulterior motives

possible but why punish people in pain just in case? Personally I get the feeling thats the convenient argument for the god brigade

Id say in the current situation a person assisting will definitely face a murder charge. That is totally unacceptable to me!

If I was suffering from something like incurable cancer, yes, most definitely.

I've had the misfortune of seeing people suffer like this, often dragging on for many months before death.

If we allowed an animal to suffer like this, we'd be prosecuted.

If a dog were in such terrible pain, we'd put it down out of kindness.

Yet we deny this option of release to our fellow human beings.

Every year millions of people die of starvation on this planet yet this produces far less heated feelings than the idea of voluntary euthanasia.

We seem to care more about denying people who want to die that right than we do about the deaths of millions who don't want to die.

Very very very well put!

possible but why punish people in pain just in case? Personally I get the feeling thats the convenient argument for the god brigade

Id say in the current situation a person assisting will definitely face a murder charge. That is totally unacceptable to me!

it is a real risk, you obviously don't have relatives like some of mine :)

it's unlikely that anyone caught in this situation would face such a charge, and if they did then they would face a jury who would probably make the right decision

it is a real risk, you obviously don't have relatives like some of mine :)

it's unlikely that anyone caught in this situation would face such a charge, and if they did then they would face a jury who would probably make the right decision

Apply this bit the other way around! send the jury to people coercing others into killing themselves. Its a much more logical way round than sending someone who was trying to help another being through a murder trial.

Archived