CAMRA National Members Weekend & AGM

Andy C

We are hosting CAMRA's National Members Weekend & AGM in Sheffield this weekend, 15th-17th April.

There is two parts - the formal AGM conference, taking place in the Octagon on Saturday and Sunday and the Members Weekend, the social side.

All CAMRA members are welcome to attend, those who didn't pre-register can turn up at the venue and register on the day.

There will be a small beer festival for those attending the AGM (The Members Bar) with about 50 real ales and 10 ciders.

There are coach trips to breweries and cider producers Friday and Saturday night (advance booking required).

There are open day tours at local breweries on Friday afternoon (advance booking required).

A number of pubs are running special events for the weekend too, for example

- Kelham Island Tavern, Red Deer and Gardeners Rest holding beer festivals

- New Barrack Tavern extending food hours, putting on live music and Castle Rock Brewery events

- University Arms extending food hours and hosting a brewery launch

- Rutland Arms 'Great Wall of Cider' Cider festival

- Harlequin hosting a meet the brewer event with The Brew Company

- Fat Cat with an interesting beer range and heritage shuttle bus to University

- Commercial holding a speciality beer weekend

- Dove & Rainbow holding a beer & music festival plus extended cider range

More info - http://www.camra.org.uk/agm

Just been into the Fat Cat and it's already busier than usual, with some tickers and spreadsheets :)

I generally see Farmer's Blonde at the Sheaf and the Harlequin, and occasionally at Henry's and Kelham Island Tavern.

Just been into the Fat Cat and it's already busier than usual, with some tickers and spreadsheets :)

SPREADSHEETS???? :loopy:

I thought that PalmPilot's were the tech of choice for tickers (at least until they discover beerticking iPhone apps)

I was listening to the top guy at CAMRA on Radio Sheffield this morning talking about why pubs are closing.

I still think the main reason is cheap supermarket booze and Sky.

People's idea of a Saturday night out has changed, these days they'd rather sit at home watching live sport on Sky and drinking their Stella from Tesco that's cost £0.80/pint, rather than the £2.00+ charged in pubs.

I believe to stop the binge drinking and also help the pubs the cheap deals at supermarkets should be stopped.....Make it a minimum of £1.25/pint, rather than the £0.60 Tesco were charging last week for Tetleys.

I say this as someone who takes advantage of the supermarket offers, but also gets out once a week for a few real ales in the pub.

Regards

Doom

I'll be galavanting around town with the chairman of Colchester CAMRA this weekend (and well into the week after) in search of Farmer's Blonde and various other beery delights.

Get yourself up to the Blake - Farmers Blonde only £2 a pint, plus 5 other beers on handpump.

Archived