Is it OK to compliment a stranger?

Totally depends on the manner its given. I am spoken for but often compliment a good looking woman. I'm not a looker but dont do it in a slimy way - I am telling a good looking girl she is but I think there is a certain none threatening tone that goes with the bethrothed mans comments that makes them truly well received not slimy!

How do you do it? In the middle of the street or in a more social setting, i.e. a bar?

Totally depends on the manner its given. I am spoken for but often compliment a good looking woman. I'm not a looker but dont do it in a slimy way - I am telling a good looking girl she is but I think there is a certain none threatening tone that goes with the bethrothed mans comments that makes them truly well received not slimy!

Yes, I often admire nice looking men, with a sidewards glance, but dont say anything to them.:)

It depends on what and how it's said I guess.

Two examples for you from my experience:

OK comment - I once had a fella tell me that I was ''very pleasing to the eye!'' Bless him! The poor man was clearly deluded but that was quite sweet and flattering.

Not OK comment - In a bar a man approached me and said ''Are those real? Me and my mate (points to mate who gives thumbs up!) were trying to decide. I said yes, he said no''. Most uncomfortable and not welcome attention.

It depends on what and how it's said I guess.

Two examples for you from my experience:

OK comment - I once had a fella tell me that I was ''very pleasing to the eye!'' Bless him! The poor man was clearly deluded but that was quite sweet and flattering.

Not OK comment - In a bar a man approached me and said ''Are those real? Me and my mate (points to mate who gives thumbs up!) were trying to decide. I said yes, he said no''. Most uncomfortable and not welcome attention.

Someone once said " Ive got the hot dog and youve got the buns !" :roll:

It's human nature to sometimes find a passing stranger attractive, but is it ever OK to act on it? A recent Magazine feature about the harassment of women in the street sparked a huge response. So where is the line on acceptable behaviour?

Women's groups are campaigning to stamp out what they perceive to be a widespread and unsettling habit - men making comments to them in the street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12969922

I have to compliment you on this excellent and very subtle bit of trolling.

Ill watch this thread with interest.:hihi:

Archived