Inside lower leg pain

hiya all

been running/jogging for around a year now with no pain untill the last few months,while running i have no pain untill i stop then it,s very sore on the inside of my right lower leg, in a area 2" below my calf

i have been stretching my ham strings/calfs alot because i use my bike aswell but the bike causes no further pain,i have changed to another new pair of trainers ,i have looked at my running technique with no joy and tryed some weeks off running but it keeps comming back .

really dont know what else to try ...help

Stretching your calves doesn't mean that you can't have a strain of your Achilles tendon through, does it? I stretch regularly but one Achilles tendon plays up on a pretty regular basis. Mine hurts right down in my heel, but it can cause pain all the way up to the calf muscle.

Lots of research has shown that stretching makes little difference to injury rates, it just makes the muscles feel more comfortable after hard work.

I'd suggest going to see a sports physiotherapist or similar and get a proper answer for what is injured and what you can do about it. The treatment for mine was to force the calf muscle to relax using my thumb, but that could be a completely incorrect thing to encourage you to do if you've got a different injury to mine.

Archived