Beauty products from the old days

I loved Drene shampoo, was in little sachet's, you had to cut the corners off really carefully or you lost half of it, the first conditioner I used was in a tube bit I can't remember what it was called. I just remembered the perfume I used was Morny's Sandalwood, lovely.

I can remember my mum using handcream that she bought from the chemists. She took her own bottle and they filled it for her. It was pink and rather runny but smelt lovely. no idea what they called it though.

Glycerine and rose water. I worked in a chemist near to the Empire Rib and every Friday the women would come in with their bottles to be filled, it cost 1/-.

Friday night was their night out and they had an awful problem with dry cracked hands from handling the metal all week.

There was also glycerine and opodeldoc and consisted of equal amounts of glycerin and camphorated soap liniment.

Some great stories here.

Eighties teen here and just been looking at ideas for an eighties party. Remember boots 17 lippies - sweet sizzle, blondie, bon bon and of course, Twilight Teaser! From Avon it was all about iced champink and the arabian glow!

Imperial leather soap will always be synonomous with the 70's for me alongside matey and vosene, which switched to head and shoulders.

Early 80's is aapri facial scrub, Dr Scholl foot scrub and the shampoo where the blonde girl used to wash her hair in the stream.

From 1984 ish it was all about body shop for me.

Some great stories here.

Eighties teen here and just been looking at ideas for an eighties party. Remember boots 17 lippies - sweet sizzle, blondie, bon bon and of course, Twilight Teaser! From Avon it was all about iced champink and the arabian glow!

Imperial leather soap will always be synonomous with the 70's for me alongside matey and vosene, which switched to head and shoulders.

Early 80's is aapri facial scrub, Dr Scholl foot scrub and the shampoo where the blonde girl used to wash her hair in the stream.

From 1984 ish it was all about body shop for me.

I shall remember the smell of Vosene shampoo forever.:roll:

Archived