Strange building on woodseats road.

Shogun

There is a pup like building at the bottom of woodseats road on the right hand side as you go up woodseats road its behind the beer off on the corner of Abbeydale road,When I was a kid there was another building in the very far corner of Buttermere road that was connected to it by some steps up the bank,the story goes that it was a small brewery and pub,I would imagine it would be a bit like Kalem isle type of thing, there was a picture of a sailing ship above the door on the woodseats road part of the building,I can never remember it being open as far back as to the early 70s time, there were some frosted glass windows on the front just like an old pub would have had,I went past a few days ago and it seems to be some sort of office now, and the windows have been changed ,dose any one have any information about this building? or some history or even old pictures would be good.

I kjnow the place you mean Tom, my sister lived on Buttermere Road in the late 60's, early 70's but dont have any pics it was just nice when I saw your thread to be taken back to the good old days

Thanks for that, it would be nice to know a bit more about it, I'm sure someone will have some information about it.

Archived