Really need a nice romantic restaurant

bjshooter

I think Buon Cibo in Broomhill can be good, provided you get the right table (those seated by the window tend to feel like goldfish) and the right chef is working - ie avoid Sunday evenings. Its not expensive and bring-your-own so you can impress with a nice bottle without paying restaraunt prices for it.

I like the Japanese on London Rd - Wasabisabi. It's not romantic in the traditional sense - it's not really "snug" and you might get a high table or be on the bit with other people, but the food is so beautifully presented and it just feels so special. It's like nowhere else in Sheffield!

Or try the Barrel Pub out in the peaks (can't remember where), my chap took me there one Saturday night and it's so nice, log fires, really cosy and intimate.

2 totally different places! :smile:

New place on Abbeydale Rd is good. Its called Season and it's only been open a few weeks. Ate there Sat and the food was excellant and service good. It only seats about 30ish so it's quit cosy and the decor is very welcoming. Meal for 2 with bottle of wine for under £50, not bad at all.

Food is billed as traditional english but it's a bit fancier than that. If you go have the Creme Brulee for desert. It's worth the bill for that alone.

Try to get a side table, they have a couple in the middle but if you want romantic you don't really want to be surrounded by other people.

Enjoy

Archived