The "Wedding". Is anybody actually interested ?

I don't mind them. Lizzy is alreet. Her husband is an arse, her son is an arse. William and Harry didn't deserve to lose their mother.

Ideologically, I dislike the monarchy very much.

How am I 'argueing for the preservation of something that, without the same thing your trying to get rid of, wouldn't exist'? Liz'll pack it up and take it with her if she leaves?

No but you want to use the history of the english monarchy to generate tourism in the UK, it sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it?

If you dislike the idea of the monarchy that much then why do you want remnants of them around the uk?

As i mention- it sounds like you don't like the current lot and want to 'cash in' on there historical value to the country? "Yes keep buck palace, yes keep the tower of london, yes keep windsor palace but whoa betide me if we have royals inside them!"

No but you want to use the history of the english monarchy to generate tourism in the UK, it sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it?

Is that a terrible stance?

France chopped off an head and kept Versailles. It's not that off the wall is it? I've been to Prague and they kept their castles after the communists came. I really don't understand your point.

Is that a terrible stance?

France chopped off an head and kept Versailles. It's not that off the wall is it? I've been to Prague and they kept their castles after the communists came. I really don't understand your point.

Its not terrible but i think in this modern are it think its utterly unrealistic.

I don't see yours either but i guess thats why your a republican and im a monarchist! :)

What does this mean?

'Modern era'? In this modern era what is unrealistic? Representative government?

Its unrealistic that the same kind of uprisings in france that you keep referring to could ever happen here.

Or the fact that its utterly unrealistic that Great Britian will ever dispense of the royal family like you wish.

Im sure you want it to happen but will it?? Honestly?? Of course not, not in our lifetimes for sure.

Archived