The "Wedding". Is anybody actually interested ?

I'm not. But it's a bit like Christmas. You just can't get away from it can you ? The media seem obsesed with "it". Don't they realise some of us out here actually have a "life" and have no interest whatsoever in this tacky and vile circus !

I'd prefer to put salt in my eyes than watch beauty and the beast get married.

Acording to the Culture Minister it will be watched by around 2 billion people.

http://news.scotsman.com/uk/Two-billion-to-watch-the.6747294.jp

Such is the lack of interest in the wedding that around 30% of the entire population of the earth look like tuning in.

Big deal. People watch Eastenders. People watched Big Brother.

If Kylie was filmed having sex with Brad Pitt I've no doubt more than 2 billion would tune in to watch.

There's no accounting for taste. People watched Ann Widdecombe dancing.

Well, I'm interested, and I'll watch. Probably not the entire thing, 'cause I'm sure I'll get bored. This is something you English are known for, like it or not. I rather enjoy it, coming as I do from a place where everyone is equal. (Ho, ho, ho) Sure, the wedding is a colossal waste of money, but governments waste money. It's what they do. If not a royal wedding, it'd be something else.

I sincerely hope William has learned a thing or two from the disastrous marriages of various family members and that his is happier.

Big deal. People watch Eastenders. People watched Big Brother.

If Kylie was filmed having sex with Brad Pitt I've no doubt more than 2 billion would tune in to watch.

There's no accounting for taste. People watched Ann Widdecombe dancing.

At least it will be a reality show thats real.

:)

I know who pays him. I'll give you a clue. It beings with 'T' and ends in 'AX'. Or ... it as a 'U' and an 'S' and it isn't the word 'SU'. Can you guess?

You obviously did guess. Unfortunately you guessed wrong. But don't let ignorance stand in your way.

Would you like to try another ill informed guess?

The "Wedding". Is anybody actually interested ?

Of course we are interested. Its why we retain the Queen as Head of State and print her picture on the 20 Dollar bill. If it weren't for the British retaining a monarchy Canada would have become a republic 50 years ago.

Well the BBC certainly is!

With support for the monarchy swinging from a high of 65% to a low of 43%, maybe it is time for the BBC's unquestioning support for the British royal family to be looked at with regard to their charter which calls for them to be politically impartial.

They certainly don't give anywhere near as much time to the cause of republicanism! :roll:

It is hardly surprising that the BBC is interested. They stand to make a fortune from the wedding. The broadcast is being shown in 180 countries so franchising will subsidise our licence fees. They also sold several documentaries about the engagement to a host of other countries as well.

With a worldwide audience expected to top 1.5 billion, the Beeb can expect top dollar for its footage.

:)

I know who pays him. I'll give you a clue. It beings with 'T' and ends in 'AX'. Or ... it as a 'U' and an 'S' and it isn't the word 'SU'. Can you guess?

It's gonna' be fun, fun, fun Chris!

Everyone who has posted on this thread has done so because they are interested in "The Wedding", otherwise they wouldn't have posted! simple as that. You know it and I know it!;)

It's gonna' be fun, fun, fun Chris!

Everyone who has posted on this thread has done so because they are interested in "The Wedding", otherwise they wouldn't have posted! simple as that. You know it and I know it!;)

Please get rid of this thread MOds .

I am so not interested - but have posted so accordingto MoStrad that makes me interested ..........helppppppppp.

Of course we are interested. Its why we retain the Queen as Head of State and print her picture on the 20 Dollar bill. If it weren't for the British retaining a monarchy Canada would have become a republic 50 years ago.

Really? Still, where you live looks amazing. Does it get cold in winter?

Archived