Advice needed re: Managers Comments

"Are you a retard or a scrubber"

this was a question my grandson was asked by his manager at work.when asked he said why and was told that everyone living at ???????? was either a retard or a scrubber.

can anyone advise what action he/we should take.

Firstly, how was it meant? What kind of environment does he work in? What is his past relationship like with his line manager.

On face value, what his boss said is completely unacceptable, but I've said far worse, and had far worse said back when the relationship has been the kind that can withstand banter.

I've had managers who would say this kind of thing as a joke, especially to staff whom they are generally quite friendly with. My auntie manages a card shop and introduces her male colleague as 'this is our gay boy', he doesn't mind :hihi:

How do you know he doesn't mind? If she's the manager and he's not as senior, what else is he going to say? Whether he likes it or not, your aunty could be sacked for that, I should imagine. I'm sure she probably means no harm, and to her it's just banter, but there are wider implications.

"Are you a retard or a scrubber"

this was a question my grandson was asked by his manager at work.when asked he said why and was told that everyone living at ???????? was either a retard or a scrubber.

can anyone advise what action he/we should take.

where they horsing around?

How do you know he doesn't mind? If she's the manager and he's not as senior, what else is he going to say? Whether he likes it or not, your aunty could be sacked for that, I should imagine. I'm sure she probably means no harm, and to her it's just banter, but there are wider implications.

He doesn't mind because he is very openly gay, and likes people to know so

I've had managers who would say this kind of thing as a joke, especially to staff whom they are generally quite friendly with. My auntie manages a card shop and introduces her male colleague as 'this is our gay boy', he doesn't mind :hihi:
no she is not a friendly person

Archived