Should the term 'white trash' now be considered racist?

I'm not sure about this one, whities seem immune to racism, except for the religious or gay folk who understandably are offended by most ism's, on the whole they seem to be tough skinned and haven't felt discriminated against until fairly recently, nor had years of persecution because of their skin colour, but if we are to strive for a more equal and fair 'big society' and help them feel more welcome in the UK, then does terminology like 'white trash' now need to be considered racist?

I would have thought it was already considered as being racist. However, having said that does it only become 'racist' if the person on the receiving end of the comment is offended by it??? It's not very offensive really is it?

I've never heard a taxi driver use the term to describe a resident of Lowedges. I think you are trolling.

To answer your question: Yes, the term "white trash" is racist.

What motivated you to ask such a strange question?

well are you a taxi driver? ANnd what's strange about it? not so long ago “wog” was acceptable to descibe a western orientated gentleman, and as we evolve so does the english language, our society along the terminology deemed acceptable.

Guest sibon
well are you a taxi driver? ANnd what's strange about it? not so long ago “wog” was acceptable to descibe a western orientated gentleman, and as we evolve so does the english language, our society along the terminology deemed acceptable.

I don't need to be a taxi driver to interact with them. I think that my post was pretty unambiguous, did you have trouble understanding it?

Your question is very odd. Provocative really. Some might think deliberately so. Especially if they glance at your posting history.

What do you mean, now be considered racist. It is and was racist. Bit like saying should we consider *-insert derogatory term for black people here-* as racist now.

But if you really are a real genuine proud right winger then most would presume you'd be anti all this so called 'silly racial terminology' and do gooding 'interfering lefties' telling us all waht's offensive.

I don't need to be a taxi driver to interact with them. I think that my post was pretty unambiguous, did you have trouble understanding it?

Your question is very odd. Provocative really. Some might think deliberately so. Especially if they glance at your posting history.

Trust me, it is common, and everything can be called provactive if people have an opinion and respond, I always thought the very purpose of forums was for debates where people can discuss such issues?

Guest sibon
Everything can called be provactive if people have an opinion and respond, I always thought the very purpose of forums was for debates where people can discuss such issues?

Indeed they are.

In that spirit, I asked you a question some time ago. It is illuminating that you have failed to answer me so far. That kind of hinders debate, don't you think?

Archived