Nhs contractors and prescriptions..

Why should anybody........NHS contractor or not......be entitled to discount prescriptions?

If a person fits a certain criteria.....of which there are a few.....then they will be entitled to free prescriptions but everybody else has to pay. Unless of course you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. :suspect:

Why should anybody........NHS contractor or not......be entitled to discount prescriptions?

If a person fits a certain criteria.....of which there are a few.....then they will be entitled to free prescriptions but everybody else has to pay. Unless of course you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. :suspect:

Only about 10% of people in England pay for their perscriptions so they'll not want to give any discounts out will they?!

Only about 10% of people in England pay for their perscriptions so they'll not want to give any discounts out will they?!

Is that 10% of people not eligible for free prescriptions who actually went to the doctor rather than ask the pharmacist.

BettyBooHoo - how do you know this? (not asking critically am genuinely surprised at the figure). Quick straw poll of my street I would estimate that out of the 300 residents a good 50 % pay (ie take off the oldies and the littlies)

BettyBooHoo - how do you know this? (not asking critically am genuinely surprised at the figure). Quick straw poll of my street I would estimate that out of the 300 residents a good 50 % pay (ie take off the oldies and the littlies)

I thought it was well known......Maybe not!!! :)

Just do a quick search on google (maybe something along the lines of 'percentage of people who pay for prescriptions in England' and it should come up with something for you) ;)

Archived