Cameron's immigration speech

immigration, what would you want?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. immigration, what would you want?

• as it is now
    • 1980's level, tens of thousands
    • no immigration at all for ten years
    • only a very limited very selective policy

The question was why would anybody want the floodgates left open.

Despite what you read in your beloved Sun, Daily Hitler or Daily Torygraph the flood gates are not open and have not been open since the early 1980s.

Despite what you read in your beloved Sun, Daily Hitler or Daily Torygraph the flood gates are not open and have not been open since the early 1980s.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to get personal, but I'll respond that I don't read the Sun but do read the Torygraph.

However, irrespective of what newspapers you or I may choose to read, the flood gates most certainly have been open wide due to Labour's stance on immigration, and you still haven't answered the question.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to get personal, but I'll respond that I don't read the Sun but do read the Torygraph.

However, irrespective of what newspapers you or I may choose to read, the flood gates most certainly have been open wide due to Labour's stance on immigration, and you still haven't answered the question.

What comes atound goes around I'm afraid

Perhaps because as Boris Johnson points out immigration controls are already damaging the economy and London?

Damaging London's status as an Art leader:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/31631/london-mayor-warns-of-damage-to-arts-sector

London First and CIPD saying it is damaging businesses directly because they can't fill vacancies with the skilled employees they need. Forcing them to offshore and reducing jobs in the Uk:

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/boris-johnson-says-immigration-cap-risks-damaging-economy/3717

So in short people that want immigration controls relaxed want them relaxed because the current levels are damaging business, damaging prosperity, decreasing jobs and growth and thereby costing us all.

What question is that?

This one, which you quoted but didn't answer:

So in short people that want immigration controls relaxed want them relaxed because the current levels are damaging business, damaging prosperity, decreasing jobs and growth and thereby costing us all.
And some people might actually believe that.

How overpopulated need we be before it's a problem? How much unemployment should we have before we think there are too many people and not enough jobs? How high must house prices and rental costs be before we acknowledge there are too many people for the housing available?

How long do the NHS and school waiting lists need to be?

Archived