Cameron's immigration speech

immigration, what would you want?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. immigration, what would you want?

• as it is now
    • 1980's level, tens of thousands
    • no immigration at all for ten years
    • only a very limited very selective policy

so immigrants are taking low paid jobs ,some say they will do it and are prepared to live in terrible conditions ,but i fail to see where this would be ,some live in hostels ,some in council houses and what happens when all the jobs and vacancies are taken ? what will the other immigrants do ?

im for 'very select few', immigration is out of control, plus we have no border controls with us being a member of the EU anyway so we are always going to get our fare share of europeans coming here, which ive no problem with.

We are faciliting people coming here from miles away though...

An example, People from unstable african countries should move to more stable NEIGHBOURING countries, not a little island in the north sea!

im for 'very select few', immigration is out of control, plus we have no border controls with us being a member of the EU anyway so we are always going to get our fare share of europeans coming here, which ive no problem with.

We are faciliting people coming here from miles away though...

An example, People from unstable african countries should move to more stable NEIGHBOURING countries, not a little island in the north sea!

It's going to get a lot worse with the new immigration schemes that have been drawn up under the ConDems believe you me. The truth of the matter is that the UKBA is drastically undermanned, even without the upcoming 30% staff reduction, it is vert underfunded and the proposals for these new immigration schemes will make it much easier for migrants to obtain leave by both legal and illegal means.

The calculations used by fivechinesecrackers are flawed too, so I wouldn't rely on those two much. I agree the terminology used is open to interpretation. Cameron says 2.5million extra people in work. Of course, what he means is, people in extra jobs created, since it would be silly to include natural turnover of workers as additional jobs.

So 5CC are not wrong, the number of 'extra' people in work will be much higher than 2.5m if you include natural turnover of workers, but these are not necessarily extra jobs in the economy, which is what we're interested in.

So you agree with everyone else that Cameron talks silly....:roll:

Wincobanc: Not suitable for extreme right wing Tories.

interesting poll results

On the contrary...not at all. The simple fact is polls on here can so easily be manipulated, like user accounts. I call them 'fun polls' with no credibility.

On the contrary...not at all. The simple fact is polls on here can so easily be manipulated, like user accounts. I call them 'fun polls' with no credibility.

head in sand is it?:roll:

however on reflection you may have a point.:love:

Archived