Cameron's immigration speech

immigration, what would you want?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. immigration, what would you want?

• as it is now
    • 1980's level, tens of thousands
    • no immigration at all for ten years
    • only a very limited very selective policy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8450083/Vince-Cable-David-Camerons-immigration-claims-risk-inflaming-extremism.html

tens of thousands instead of hundreds of thousands, well its a start.

my own policy would be to end all immigration from anywhere.

for ten years.

Cameron is just trying to regain the ground he has lost with Daily Mail readers.

Anything that criticises ethic minorites or those who are out of work goes down well with these extreme right wing fanatics. .

Cameron is just trying to regain the ground he has lost with Daily Mail readers.

Anything that criticises ethic minorites or those who are out of work goes down well with these extreme right wing fanatics. .

id say anyone who claims restriction of immigration is an extreme right wing agenda only, is totally wrong. the country is full. the country has a massive surplus labour pool.

my own policy would be to end all immigration from anywhere. for ten years.
That's as daft a policy as the french Front National's proposed (isolationist) economic policy.

But tell me one thing -assuming you can implement your policy today- could I still come 'home' in May, after I go 'back' to visit family this Easter? or would I have to wait 10 years? :huh:

id say anyone who claims restriction of immigration is an extreme right wing agenda only, is totally wrong. the country is full. the country has a massive surplus labour pool.

The country is not full, thousands leave each year, usually to go somewhere warmer.

The surplus labour pool is due to lack of jobs. This will only get worse because Cameron's clowns are about to put thousands on the dole.

I can tell you that anything he comes up with will be unworkable. On top of that, he wants to blame brits for not taking jobs because the salary is so poor and practically unliveable and then to blame employers for filling jobs with non-brits.

He has a point, if payments for being out of work are higher than being in payed employment where is the insentive for the long term can't work won't work crew to get into the world of work? Migrant workers in low paid unskilled work are hard workers, they graft and they earn their money, but with a high unemployment rate, was it really necessary to use the level of migrant labour instead of insisting that some of the native work force do the work?

Archived