Cameron's immigration speech

immigration, what would you want?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. immigration, what would you want?

• as it is now
    • 1980's level, tens of thousands
    • no immigration at all for ten years
    • only a very limited very selective policy

If some of the unskilled people that can't get work were made to go out to the countryside and work the fields, perhaps stay in some sort of organised lodgings for a few days at a time while away from home, they might just find that they enjoy it. They would be fit and healthy. They would be earning money for themselves instead of being paid to do nothing. They would gain a work ethic.

Don't farmers have machines to do this work thesedays ?

All the cap will do is create more illegals, and with the planned cuts in border agency staff something that will become an increasing problem and may well drive down wages because illegals aren't protected by the minimum wage.

I do think a cap on Immigration is good, to be right the foregners are coming over here and nicking our jobs, and this has created mass unemployment among the British.

IT would create jobs for the British to do, because if the foregners did not come over the Brits would have work and jobs, and then......oh......erm.....

hang on......:huh::huh:..... just getting this right in my mind.

Try again....

The thing is we would have jobs for the British and.....oh..... hang on.....erm.....it would stop the workshy from spending their dole money in the pub on sunny summers days.....and.....erm....hang on:huh: thinking about this now

1) So I can't go to the pub, if I have to get a job

2) On a summers day I would have to work

3) on a cold winters day, I would have to get up to go to work

4) I would have to go to bed at reasonable times in the night.

er,,,,,.....hang on..... so perhaps, ending immigration is going to be bad news for many British people, as it would mess up their way of life.

So for that reason, I do not agree with David Cameron, I will be voting Labour at the next election so the country can be flooded with cheap labour.

I shall then continue with my lazy lifestyle, as I don't have to work thanks to the Migrants.

I'll drink to that :D in the beer garden while you lot work your balls off and pay taxes

The they are taking our jobs argument assumes there is a fixed number of jobs available. That is not the case. It is not the way economies work.

People coming here to work generate demand for goods and services which creates jobs.

Archived