Volunteer health care positions??

Have you tried St Luke's or somewhere like that?

Does it HAVE to be in a care home, or just voluntary? Sheffield Mencap and Gateway are always after volunteers at their centre in Norfolk Park too - but that's more of a centre, not a care home.....

thanks hun just rang mencap too and the person who deals with it is out but the girl was really enthusiastic when i said i wanted to volunteer and that they are always wanting volunteers. she is getting him to call me tomorrow, only thing is she did say i would need a crb, but when ive spoken to him tomorrow im going to try and find out if awaiting a crb check but being accepted to volunteer there will be good enough proof to show im committed to this course?

also thanks to everyone for the replys, I do feel better now, if not just for the chat to calm my racing mind down haha

thanks hun just rang mencap too and the person who deals with it is out but the girl was really enthusiastic when i said i wanted to volunteer and that they are always wanting volunteers. she is getting him to call me tomorrow, only thing is she did say i would need a crb, but when ive spoken to him tomorrow im going to try and find out if awaiting a crb check but being accepted to volunteer there will be good enough proof to show im committed to this course?

also thanks to everyone for the replys, I do feel better now, if not just for the chat to calm my racing mind down haha

When I volunteered there I started without one, but they actually paid for the one I had. It's a few years ago now so might have changed, but that's how it was when I was there. Fingers crossed - it's sooooo rewarding there. There's the Burton Street Project too, there might be something there.

When I volunteered there I started without one, but they actually paid for the one I had. It's a few years ago now so might have changed, but that's how it was when I was there. Fingers crossed - it's sooooo rewarding there. There's the Burton Street Project too, there might be something there.

cheers hunni:D hoping the course tutor will see something like this as enough:)

Archived