Wine snobbery Is pointless & expensive

dont have this problem i make my own!! nettle wine at the moment, its lovely and brewed at 16% i can make 6 bottles for 90p!

Is that the cost to yourself of making them, or are you intending to suggest that you will sell them to others at that price?

I only ask because I think (and I could be wrong at that!) that if you are selling your home-brewed alcohol, you need a licence and to pay duties just as any pub or supermarket would.

dont have this problem i make my own!! nettle wine at the moment, its lovely and brewed at 16% i can make 6 bottles for 90p! i might get stung picking them but i wont get stung in a wine merchants !!

Not too keen on nettle wine, have you tried Dandelion wine? Although the traditional day for picking is 23rd April I will be out picking them this weekend as there seems to be plenty about ATM.

My point being that they were just as confident in their abilities as you are in yours. They've been exposed to a double-blind trial; have you?

Sometimes, but I'm right more or less 80% of the time. I spent 9 months in France making wine, a very enjoyable time it was too.

I've never yet heard of a double-blind study being performed on wine connoiseurs. The results might be interesting.

A double-blind study on beer "experts" did prove conclusively that not a single one of them could tell beers apart from each other, but that was some years ago in the USA where "beer" usually means lager.

A quick Google for blind wine tasting turns up a number of references which would tend to support the supposition that expensive is not always the best, usually to the chagrin of the French. :mad:

e.g. http://www.businessday.com.au/executive-style/top-drop/kiwi-pinot-rated-the-worlds-best-20110412-1dc5u.html

A quick Google for blind wine tasting turns up a number of references which would tend to support the supposition that expensive is not always the best, usually to the chagrin of the French. :mad:

e.g. http://www.businessday.com.au/executive-style/top-drop/kiwi-pinot-rated-the-worlds-best-20110412-1dc5u.html

Both those wines are expensive to nearly all of us unless someone classes $200 a bottle as cheap.

Archived