Hypothetical situation-on 'britishness'

literacy wouldn't really figure. not to a large extend anyway. you could take a verbal test with the same questions.

i was interested in seeing just what percentage people think would 'pass' if, say, the normal immigration nationalization test was taken by people born here.

The question is practically unanswerable with out knowing the test questions.

I suppose your asking what percentage of 'true brits' are ignorant of their homelands heritage.

What would you expect your average brit to be able to answer?

Wouldn't it be down to luck like a pub quiz? Lots of people know lots of different things about Britain in varying degrees of depth.

They are Bachelors' degrees and that's an old trick allegedly tried (in the past) by some lawyers in a weak attempt to discredit special witnesses.

Lawyer: (to witness) 'Please detail your medical qualifications.'

Witness: 'M.B, Ch.B'.

Lawyer: 'And do you have a doctorate in medicine'?

(If he was smart, the witness might reply: 'No, is your degree in Law an LL.D?')

Thanks for making me feel better, I put Lapland :)

:hihi::hihi: me too. and said PG is a brand of tea, six months on divorce and ensure the lawyer is qualified.

the thing says i should 'Seat on the district council......'.

how do i go about that, please?

Can’t work out how to make this a poll so I’ll have to ask the question this way=

say some party came into power and said they want only British people here but with one difference- the difference being that after getting rid of all of the foreign born people have left they say everyone left have to take a 'britishness' test or face 'eviction'. The test is on language (English, written and spoken), history, geography and, call it sociology. What percentage do you think would pass?

Well, this guy will fail no doubt- so we can start shipping him and his army out (bloody foreigners- they ought to learn to speak English at least)..

The question is practically unanswerable with out knowing the test questions.

I suppose your asking what percentage of 'true brits' are ignorant of their homelands heritage.

What would you expect your average brit to be able to answer?

Wouldn't it be down to luck like a pub quiz? Lots of people know lots of different things about Britain in varying degrees of depth.

true true. i guess a generic pub quiz with questions only on britain. the link might be a good start.

i'd say 60% or so of the 'average' would pass outright and 20% or so would be about at the 50% mark.

it might be down to luck, you're right, but, then again, every test is the same.

it wouldn't need any 'expertise'. would just be stuff you 'pick up' here and there if you open your eyes and ears.

the language bit can have a 'standard' bit and 'regional' bit too.

Well, this guy will fail no doubt- so we can start shipping him and his army out (bloody foreigners- they ought to learn to speak English at least)..

:hihi::hihi:

i know what you mean. i do think the test should allow for that sort of thing, though. it's still 'English', though, as so to speak.

Archived