Self employed no school required

when you weigh it up, for a self employed person like myself school has little bearing on what i do now, maybe the maths and english but the rest were a complete waste of time and not needed, ie chemistry/woodwork/metalwork/ geography/art/history/technical grawing/ , :loopy: nothing .nothing to do with self employment

Perhaps you should have mastered physics, you would then be able to build a time machine and go back in time to your school days announce to the assembled teachers that their input would not be required and you could excuse yourself from the irrelevant lessons and concentrate on areas that will boost your already known future ;)

when you weigh it up, for a self employed person like myself school has little bearing on what i do now, maybe the maths and english but the rest were a complete waste of time and not needed, ie chemistry/woodwork/metalwork/ geography/art/history/technical grawing/ , :loopy: nothing .nothing to do with self employment

If self-employment requires no qualifications, should all those who can't get a job because they lack the qualifications required to be employed be classed as self-employed?

That would solve the unemployment problem.

I kind of see where you're coming from as I don't think that I have ever used anything other than Maths & English in my job, or in day to day life.

However I gained many other attributes from school such as confidence, the ability to stand up for myself, social skills etc.

Things like that have proved far more valuable to me than the likes of Technology or RE.

Unless of course you're self employed in a field where any of these subjects are helpful, or even a necessity for setting up the business in the first place.

I'm also self-employed and there were many subjects I studied at school that play no part in my current occupation, but I feel I'd be a pretty limited individual if work was my whole life - and without those "waste of time" subjects I'd be rubbish at DIY.

Ha, ha, ruddy ha.

If you write letters in the same style......well :hihi:

Archived