Advice needed on debt and bailiffs

Doesn't it cost money to go bankrupt? Thought it was about £500 which in itself stupid.

thought i was the only one who thought that. who thought it up-"what we need to do with broke people is to charge them hundreds of pounds to become legally broke."

It costs 625 to go bankrupt altogether, 450 for the cost of it which you have to pay regardless, 175 for court costs but you can get help with that depending on income, this figure has just gone up april 5th as it was 150 ..hope this helps...

Just wanted to send my best to you and your folks, I hope everything works out okay.

It sounds like at their age they will have been on a fixed income and nobody had any business giving them that kind of credit, it's really exploitative especially when someone elderly may not fully understand what they are getting into. They really are *#@!s the companies that do this.

Age UK (used to be Age Concern and Help the Aged who merged) have a debt helpline specifically for older people which might be easier for them to access. Details are here:

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matters/money-management/

It costs 625 to go bankrupt altogether, 450 for the cost of it which you have to pay regardless, 175 for court costs but you can get help with that depending on income, this figure has just gone up april 5th as it was 150 ..hope this helps...

just use your credit card or your overdrawn facilties :) the debt will be wipe out anyway

Archived