Work - pleasure or pain.

I love my job, just got a promotion too so now doing the finance side of things and although my life is upside down at the moment, I am loving the challenge.

I think you are very luck if you can say you love your job. Many people arnt as fortunate.

There should be an element of both in work, surely? I don't like digging in the garden, but I like the flowers that grow out of it.

Work should be a mixtrue of a lot of things. Pleasure/Pain, Work/Reward. I can cope with hating it, and enjoyment is always good. Tedium is a different matter, I'd hate to do something I found mindnumbingly dull.

Exactly. My job may be draining and emotionally and physically tough at times but it's never boring. I could never do a job which bored me for hours every day.

So I guess I have a lot of love for mine.

Although of course if I won the lottery I wouldn't do it anymore!

I couldn't bare the thought of getting up to nothingness everyday, watching day time tv and waiting to die. Thats how i would see it.

I can never understand people who say they are bored after a week or two off from work. I'd gladly take the rest of my life off.

Have you not heard of hobbies? Travel? Creativity? Learning? Beer gardens?

I can never understand people who say they are bored after a week or two off from work. I'd gladly take the rest of my life off.

I don't get it either. There is so much you could do with a life of free time. You could volunteer if you really felt the need to do some work.

I meet many people in my line of work who have no hobbies - I just don't understand that! My problem is having so many I don't know what to do first when I have spare time :D

Having said that, I wouldn't give up work if I won the lottery, as I've worked too hard to get where I am. Yet, anyway - ask me again in 10 years time!

I think that the danger is, certainly in my case, is that one can get so engrossed in work that it becomes a way of life to the detriment of the others which you mention.

(well apart from Beer Gardens ;))

hate it hate it hate it. never been so bored in all my life. sitting or standing at a machine doing the same thing repeatedly for 8 hours a day. usually in the dim lit, always cold, too noisy to speak to anyone till machines are turned off, filthy s....... of a factory. i am really looking forward to retirement i only have another 12 years to go. aaaagggghhhh

Archived