Religion’s role in gender discrimination?

I think that's a tad racist to try and dismiss my opinions as the words of an ill educated Imam.

Consider this scenario you are in dark room, have never seen the earth, never seen people walking around, never seen the birds in flight, never seen night and day, never seen insects running around, never seen Zebras Elephants Lions Tigers ect. You're in this dark room and one day someone tells you there is a magical place called the earth where all this exists? Would you believe them?

The proof that God exists is all around us on the earth and Allah says in the Quran that the intelligent reflect on his signs. Science may help us understand the mechanisms of how things work and how they develop and change but that doesn't mean something other than God is responsible for their existance. Within the Quran there are descriptions of life, the universe, the earth which have only been discovered by Science in recent history.

They're doing it simply because they have found the answers to their Questions in Islam. Questions you and others like you in the Atheist camp cannot answer.

You cannot even answer the questions I presented but instead resorted to dismissal tactics based on racist setreotyping and then asked your own questions which I've answered successfully.

I would say the proof God doesn’t exist is the fact that humans have many religions with many Gods; One God would have given all humans the same information unless God doesn’t treat all humans equally.

It isn't a case of being subservient to anyone it is like a good manager at work who has peoples best interest at heart. In some situations that doesn't happen and when it is like that then it is wrong.

I will leave this discussion now so you can't play your little game.

So obviously you are all knowing and women can't be good managers. You must live an exceedingly lonely life up on your pedestal. The saint on the pillar stands, in the words of the great Louis McNeice

I think that's a tad racist to try and dismiss my opinions as the words of an ill educated Imam.

What has race got to do with it? Religion, superstition, good education, poor education, Imam, priest, nun, etc isn't a race.

Consider this scenario you are in dark room, have never seen the earth, never seen people walking around, never seen the birds in flight, never seen night and day, never seen insects running around, never seen Zebras Elephants Lions Tigers ect. You're in this dark room and one day someone tells you there is a magical place called the earth where all this exists? Would you believe them?

How about you consider this scenario: you are in a dark room, have never seen the planet Melmac, never seen Alf, never seen the Melmac Orbit Guard, the green sky, blue grass or the purple sun. You're in this dark room and one day someone tells you this magical place called Melmac exists? Would you believe them?

I seriously doubt you'd believe the above on someones say so. However, if they provided tangible evidence supporting the above, you'd change your mind. Now, as far as I'm aware, there is no tangible evidence supporting the existence of a god. What claims have been presented to me so far, leave me unconvinced.

The proof that God exists is all around us on the earth and Allah says in the Quran

I think you'd have great difficulty substantiating that 1) a god exists 2) a god said something in a book.

but that doesn't mean something other than God is responsible for their existance

It also doesn't mean a god is responsible for their existence either.

Within the Quran there are descriptions of life, the universe, the earth which have only been discovered by Science in recent history.

That's nonsense. Scholars, such as Harun Yahya, simply distort the meaning of words or take whole verses out of historical understanding or context to resemble modern scientific understanding. Fooling those gullible enough to listen.

instead resorted to dismissal tactics based on racist setreotyping

As shown above, you're talking twaddle.

Just fed up with this idiocy.

Now you know how people feel when they read some of your posts on here.

but it is still moaning

Like when you moan and complain that people with a different PoV to yourself regarding religion.

I think not. Racist? How? As you constantly say, the people of Islam encompass all races within the ranks of Muslim adherents. I'm sure there are ill-educated imams of all races.

If anyone is racist it's you, with your implied assumption that to be a Muslim, one would have to be of a different race from me. You constantly trip yourself up with your ingrained (racist) stereotypical attitudes.

As for the answers found in Islam that lead to shrouding yourself a portable fabric prison everytime you leave the house, where is that found within Islam, please show me?

i am not an atheist per se. I'm a deeply spiritual person in ways that you and your ilk would never be able to understand. And as for successfully answering your own questions, perhaps in your own head you imagine you have. But you haven't answered anything to my satisfaction, sadly.

There isn't much merit in blind faith. The path to wisdom lies in seeing with your own eyes and trusting your senses. Someone could tell me about this mythical 'earth' but until I saw it for my own eyes, it would lie in the reality of fantasy. There's no point in believing in something that doesn't (or may not) exist.

The proof that God exists is all around us on the earth and Allah says in the Quran that the intelligent reflect on his signs. Science may help us understand the mechanisms of how things work and how they develop and change but that doesn't mean something other than God is responsible for their existance. Within the Quran there are descriptions of life, the universe, the earth which have only been discovered by Science in recent history.

Sorry, but you may be happy to see God in everything and that that's somehow evidence that the Almighty exists, but it sure ain't enough for the rest of us.

Besides, we've already gone over and over (and over) the translations in the Quran and they've got about as much substance as some of Truthlogic's posts on the Illuminati! They key words here are 'translation' and 'retrospective'. It's so easy to find meaning in something if you're trying to make it fit!

That stuff about menstruating women being unclean is odd. I didn't know that before. Surely menstruation is a vital part of the reproductive process? Can anyone shed any light on why some religions think that?

Leviticus is often a fun read. There's pages of stuff about the evils of menstruating women there.

I wish clerics were as vocal on this, on which scripture is clear, as they are about homosexuality and other items that suit their agendas, which are a lot less clear.

What I mean of course, is equally not very vocal, rather than ratchet up the demands for menstruating women in public to confine themselves in their homes.

If this is the case then why does there seem to be a negative relationship between the amount of time any given society spends studying the koran and the amount of scientific discoveries it makes?

Why for example are there far more British winners of Nobel Prizes for Physics, Chemistry and Medicine than there are Muslim winners when those from an Islamic background according to you have for centuries had access to the greatest cheat sheet ever?

Archived