Religion’s role in gender discrimination?

As PT said they became known as Christians later but they followed Jesus from day one and the teaching of Jesus is not the same as Judaism although you will find Jesus in the Old Testament which is the constant link running all the way through both books with the Old Testament recording the doings of the Jews. Another common link is the fact that many Jews converted to Christianity and you don't convert from one religion to another if it is the same religion. Do you! :hihi:

1) the teaching of Jesus (PBUH) is directly aligned with Judaism. and as I have said before, as a "Reb", he would have been an observant Jew.

2) the fact that you describe Jesus as running through the old testament shows the link, and contradicts/ negates your assertions.

3) there are people who were brought up all their life as *insert religion here* but were perhaps nominal *insert religion here*. They might have had a fresh revelation of their faith that encouraged them to follow it with more vigour or to follow a different sect within the faith as a result.. you could describe them as having a conversion experience.

We all seem have slipped away from the topic, including me:roll::roll:

Okay, well here's some nice Christians telling a girl that she was to blame for being raped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-m_2DY-9O8

Oh, and just to balance things up, here's some nice Muslim men telling women that they are not worthy to debate the wearing of the veil:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8455955/Muslim-Council-women-cannot-debate-wearing-veil.html

So your analogy to Sheakespear "characters" is rubbish.

No, Othello and Hamlet are different people and Jews and Christians are different people, which is what I was saying AND you will find them both in the complete works of Shakespeare, but DON'T go saying Hamlet is Othello or visa-a-versa which is the mistake people make with Jews and Christians and people who make that mistake should have their wrist slapped.

There were Robin Hoods all over the country spanning a period of several hundred years. When King John of France was captured and brought back captive to England by the Black Prince 500 Robin Hood men jumped out of the forest in front of him.

There was only one Legendary Robin Hood however and he was outlawed during the Peasants Revolt at York and he was from Hallamshire.

Grahame, Robin Hood was called that because he was based on Sir Robin of Loxley unless all the others were also called Robin you are talking bunkum. If you mean they were outlaws who robbed from the rich and gave to the poor then say what you mean, they weren't all called Robin Hood

No, Othello and Hamlet are different people and Jews and Christians are different people, which is what I was saying AND you will find them both in the complete works of Shakespeare, but DON'T go saying Hamlet is Othello or visa-a-versa which is the mistake people make with Jews and Christians and people who make that mistake should have their wrist slapped.

yes, and Henry V Part I and Henry V part II are different people, too. ( As you can see, they have different surnames for a start!)

Grahame, Robin Hood was called that because he was based on Sir Robin of Loxley unless all the others were also called Robin you are talking bunkum. If you mean they were outlaws who robbed from the rich and gave to the poor then say what you mean, they weren't all called Robin Hood

Robin Hood is an alias. If you want to discuss it start another thread but not tonight because I am busy.

but DON'T go saying Hamlet is Othello or visa-a-versa

No one is. But the "god" mentioned in the OT is the same "god" that was the "father" of the character in the follow up book. Therefore, the two books are inextricably linked. To try to separate the two is entirely dishonest.

Archived