Religion’s role in gender discrimination?

They may have the same father

What are you on about? The "god" in the OT has no father, jesus was his/her/it's son.

simple solution.

get em on Jezza Kyle or "Maury" and let the DNA sort it out once and for all.

Bill... you are NOT the father...

(*cue guest running off stage in hysterical despair*)

No he's not.

I'm not sure, it was quit a common olde Jewish name (I just don't think that any of them were of "divine origin"). There was even a WWE wrestler a few years ago with the same name.

yes, and Henry V Part I and Henry V part II are different people, too. ( As you can see, they have different surnames for a start!)

There was only one Henry V.

I think you're getting a bit confused with Henry IV Part 1 and Henry IV Part 2.

Or maybe Henry VI Part 1 and Henry VI Part 2, or Henry VI Part 3.

I know what you mean though, Grahame's dismisal of the Old Testament (when it suits) with reference to William Shakespeare is nonsense. I suspect even Willie made efforts in continuity between Henry VI Parts 1 and 3.

:hihi:

I'm not sure, it was quit a common olde Jewish name (I just don't think that any of them were of "divine origin". There was even a WWE wrestler a few years ago with the same name.

True. Your point is duely noted! However, i'm pretty sure that G is on about the bibble version of JC!

As PT said they became known as Christians later but they followed Jesus from day one and the teaching of Jesus is not the same as Judaism although you will find Jesus in the Old Testament which is the constant link running all the way through both books with the Old Testament recording the doings of the Jews. Another common link is the fact that many Jews converted to Christianity and you don't convert from one religion to another if it is the same religion. Do you! :hihi:

Incidentally, Jesus PBUH, was not known as the Christ (Greek :- Christos, the annointed one) for some time, he would have been known by his given name, Joshua Bar Joseph. So, surely the terminology should have been "Joshuans"?

The Jews and the Christians may have had the same FATHER but they are different people.

Again, what are you raving about.

GOD != Jews.

SON OF GOD != Christians.

GOD == Worshipped/reveared by Jews and Muslims.

SON OF GOD == Worshipped by christians.

We are not talking about peoples. We're talking about the deity they worship.

that would just be a jew who's christian. when they tick on the 'ethnicity' bit they will tick 'jew' and 'christian' under religion. not messianic jew because it's neither jewish nor christianity in religious terms.

why can't a Jew be a Jew and a christian yet an Englishman can be an Englishman and a christian.

the reason i asked which church you go to was that your post, increasingly, are developing this creepy repetitive, robotic, cult quality to them.

As far as I know most Jews live in Israel, the U.S., Western Europe (France, Britain), Russia, Australia and Argentina and like I say as far as I am aware 'Jew' denotes their religion rather that where they live.

There was only one Henry V.

I think you're getting a bit confused with Henry IV Part 1 and Henry IV Part 2.

Or maybe Henry VI Part 1 and Henry VI Part 2, or Henry VI Part 3.

I know what you mean though, Grahame's dismisal of the Old Testament (when it suits) with reference to William Shakespeare is nonsense. I suspect even Willie made efforts in continuity between Henry VI Parts 1 and 3.

:hihi:

sorry quisquose.

*hangs head shamefacedly and soundly chastises self*

I got confused with them having the same middle name. I muddled up Henry IV Part I and Henry IV Part II amd HVI Part I etc...

oops..

(*curses that dratted over-common middle name)

However, i'm pretty sure that G is on about the bibble version of JC!

Oh I know 100% what version G is babbling about. That is never in doubt, in fact, most of his posts on SF are on religion related themes.:D

Archived