Religion’s role in gender discrimination?

Off topic again, but I saw them too, along with the original Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and Soft Machine.

Right, back to the subject, :hihi: has Grahame gone to bed?

Do you think he sleeps like us mortals?

It's not a "fact" to me, we might find something else out next week that changes our/my view completely.

I agree, but we have to believe what scientifically proveable evidence tells us is the most likely explanation.

Did you see the programme on Monday about the Gene Code. (Watch it on iPlayer if not) That would be harder to disprove than the existence of a god.

It's not a "fact" to me, we might find something else out next week that changes our/my view completely.

Evolution is a fact. It is observable in the lab, the fossil record, and the DNA record.

As for the mechanisms that drive evolution, then join the debate, and argue away.

:)

California just made it illegal, they need to make their bloody minds up.

The issue of gay marriage was put to a public vote couple of years back and it was rejected by a majority of votes although the percentage difference wasn't that large and many voters didnt even bother to vote on the issue. Later a Califiornia state judge declared that banning same sex marriage was unconstitutional and overruled the results of the vote. It's been in a kind of limbo ever since. These kind of issues can go back and forth for years kicked around between the state legislature and public opinion. It's bound to become legal sooner than later because of the influential gay rights caucus and the large number of liberal minded voters and gays particularly up around the Bay area

The issue of gay marriage was put to a public vote couple of years back and it was rejected by a majority of votes although the percentage difference wasn't that large and many voters didnt even bother to vote on the issue. Later a Califiornia state judge declared that banning same sex marriage was unconstitutional and overruled the results of the vote. It's been in a kind of limbo ever since. These kind of issues can go back and forth for years kicked around between the state legislature and public opinion. It's bound to become legal sooner than later because of the influential gay rights caucus and the large number of liberal minded voters and gays particularly up around the Bay area

ah, right, I thought the vote had effectively meant it had been banned

Evolution is a fact. It is observable in the lab, the fossil record, and the DNA record.

As for the mechanisms that drive evolution, then join the debate, and argue away.

why is it still called the theory of evolution then ?

It's bound to become legal sooner than later because of the influential gay rights caucus and the large number of liberal minded voters and gays particularly up around the Bay area

And so it should.

If you believe in evolution and the diversity of human life you should accept that there will be differences in our sexuality.

It's part of the evolutionary process and should be celebrated as part of our development as a species.

why is it still called the theory of evolution then ?

Because people just do. It's the evolution of language.

I just call it evolution myself.

The wiki article does quite a good job of listing the many mechanism theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

No mention of survival of of the fittest within religions though, which allowed the physically stronger sex to claim special divine status, and put the weaker sex in their place.

ah, right, I thought the vote had effectively meant it had been banned

Like I say it's been kicked around between governments, judges and voters up to now It might just be put up for voters to decide on once again or the State legislature might just make gay marriage legal. No saying how it will come about but it's inevitable it will happen in the not to far distant future.

Some schools are also teaching gay history at this time. California has always been liberal in it's attitude to social issues.

I dont agree with it personally but if gay marriage becomes legal I have no problem with it as I respect the democratic process

Archived