Religion’s role in gender discrimination?

Get out of town! Are you trolling Grahame???

No I'm not trolling, I get mad about things like this, because women will say that Paul said for women to keep quiet in the church as if it is his fault.

Well if they weren't gossiping he wouldn't need to say it would he.

She is just having a rant and needs to shut up, women do themselves no favours.

Totally unrelated but I always thought you were a woman Kaimani until reading this! :hihi: Not sure why I thought that though. :confused:

i always get that!!! I'm a guy, I'm a guy, I'm a guy, I'm a guy!

though it was related in as far as it was a comment on 'the facts of life'. yes, no, maybe?

i might be wrong, I'm a bit slow and hungover.

No I'm not trolling, I get mad about things like this, because women will say that Paul said for women to keep quiet in the church as if it is his fault.

Well if they weren't gossiping he wouldn't need to say it would he.

She is just having a rant and needs to shut up, women do themselves no favours.

Practice what you preach! Nor do you religious types judging by your outdated mind set and comments.

I honestly thought you were joking.

If there was a god then surely it would have to be female. Is God not the creator? Why in all species (except for the sea horse family) do the females create life? Look at how men act about God, always eager to please and wanting reward for their behaviour. Like small boys with their mothers. Women seem much more chilled in their relationship with god. Maybe they secretly know the true gender of their deity.

In the real world both are equally important for without both none of us would exist.

Practice what you preach! Nor do you religious types judging by your outdated mind set and comments.

I honestly thought you were joking.

Look at the feminists. They screamed for equal rights and look where it got them, they are going to have to keep working till they are 67 now.

Look at the feminists. They screamed for equal rights and look where it got them, they are going to have to keep working till they are 67 now.

Oh, what a bummer! :roll:

Could it possibly be the case that we might actually want to work and earn our own keep in life??? I for one love my job.

Oh, what a bummer! :roll:

Could it possibly be the case that we might actually want to work and earn our own keep in life??? I for one love my job.

I like my work as well and I am 66 and still working. I plan to retire at 67 all being well. But it is my choice and I know a lot of women who are very unhappy about it because they are being FORCED into it.

Women having babies is a fact of life and that to a large extent determines the roles. You cannot change those basic facts of life and she needs to realise that.

having babies yeah. the roles are fluid though, aren't they? finance dictates more now. a friend of mine is on £15000 a year. his wife is on £45000. they've got a one year old and he's the 'main carer' in that he stays at home, works part time etc. does this violate 'the facts of life'?

Archived