Religion’s role in gender discrimination?

No I'm not trolling, I get mad about things like this, because women will say that Paul said for women to keep quiet in the church as if it is his fault.

Well if they weren't gossiping he wouldn't need to say it would he.

She is just having a rant and needs to shut up, women do themselves no favours.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

having babies yeah. the roles are fluid though, aren't they? finance dictates more now. a friend of mine is on £15000 a year. his wife is on £45000. they've got a one year old and he's the 'main carer' in that he stays at home, works part time etc. does this violate 'the facts of life'?

Again you have made my point for me. Women are not badly treated and I wish they would shut up moaning.

I did. "The New Testament is woefully short of significant female characters,"

She is wrong.

And you think you somehow 'proved' that by producing a list of female characters from the Old Testament? Isn't that a book that you choose to ignore more often than not?

Priceless.

So do I and I am 66 and plan to retire at 67. But it is my choice and I know a lot of women who are very unhappy about it because they are being FORCED into it.

Well, life's a bugger at times, you can't please everyone all of the time. I'm sure there are just as many men unhappy about having to work for so long.

Look at the feminists. They screamed for equal rights and look where it got them, they are going to have to keep working till they are 67 now.

i knew it, those bra-burners are to blame for the retirement rising for us men. we could have retired at 55 like in the old days if only...

Again you have made my point for me. Women are not badly treated and I wish they would shut up moaning.

I am willing to bet that the family he refers to are not evangelical christians or devout muslims or orthodox jews, so it is weird how you come to that conclusion.

again, you miss the point. the thing is they are badly treated. looked at screw eyed by neanderthals who say they should be at home taking care of the kids etc without looking at the bigger picture.

near enough everything to do with work, the higher you get in an organization, is a struggle. if the 'fact-of-lifers would shut up grumbling and being insecure and trying to sabotage the women they would need to 'moan about it'.

And you think you somehow 'proved' that by producing a list of female characters from the Old Testament? Isn't that a book that you choose to ignore more often than not?

Priceless.

Then here is a link to women in the New Testament and they were on an equal footing with men.

Also men did a lot of the housework and did the cooking etc. because it was a perfectly normal thing to do.

Jesus was the same with women as he was with men.

http://www.cta-usa.org/wicl/14womeninnew.html

Archived