Pair of paintings (info)

He was born in York mid 19th century, well known for this kind of painting. Although known for highland scenes was actually based in North of England i think he died whilst living in the Lake District or nearby.

i have pair of painting or prints there are called sunset on the lochandsunset on loch katrinecan any1 tell me anything about them please:confused::confused::confused: henry robinson hall was the artist (painter);)

art info

Loch Ness (early morning) highland cattle drinking

Paintings Andrew Hartley Fine Arts Dec 08, 2010 600 GBP

Highland cattle, Loch Lomond, N.B.

Paintings Neal Auction Company Mar 27, 2010 Bought In

Scottish Borderers, near Carlisle, Cumberland. Highland cattle, Loch Maree, sunset

Paintings Christie's Mar 03, 2009 625 GBP

Highland cattle, Loch Venachar, Perthshire

Paintings Christie's Jun 03, 2008 813 GBP

Cattle raid in the highlands

Paintings (1890) Brunk Auctions Sep 09, 2006 1,100 USD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Robinson_Hall

These are recent listings

• 1 year later...
i have pair of painting or prints there are called sunset on the lochandsunset on loch katrinecan any1 tell me anything about them please:confused::confused::confused: henry robinson hall was the artist (painter);) and scottish

Henry Robinson Hall or Harry as we knew him was my great uncle whom i never met. He was my grandmother's 20 year older brother. He was born in York, lived in New Castle but moved to the Lake District to paint. He lived in several locations but wound up in Conaston. There he lived in a cooperative building where he also ran a cafe and art supply shop on the first floor of his unit. I went on google earth and found a picture of the building. i was amazed that there was a cafe/bar there called Harry's Cafe but on further checking the current owner's name happened to be Harry! :P Our Harry is buried in the local church yard.

Harry's grandson, who lives in South Carolina, USA, has been scooping up his paintings over the years and for that reason there are not a lot of his works out there in the market.

• 1 year later...
Henry Robinson Hall or Harry as we knew him was my great uncle whom i never met. He was my grandmother's 20 year older brother. He was born in York, lived in New Castle but moved to the Lake District to paint. He lived in several locations but wound up in Conaston. There he lived in a cooperative building where he also ran a cafe and art supply shop on the first floor of his unit. I went on google earth and found a picture of the building. i was amazed that there was a cafe/bar there called Harry's Cafe but on further checking the current owner's name happened to be Harry! :P Our Harry is buried in the local church yard.

Harry's grandson, who lives in South Carolina, USA, has been scooping up his paintings over the years and for that reason there are not a lot of his works out there in the market.

Have just come across this interesting informative thread, having acquired an HR Hall painting from my late parents and likewise was wondering who he was. My painting is a more general landscape entitled River Wyre Nr Poulton-le-Fylde 1897. Have just passed it to Mellors & Kirk Auctioneers in Nottingham for their May '14 sales. Their 'man' reckons it would only be worth between £50-80, so no big pay day heh!

Archived