Body parts taken without consent

And you don’t think that would happen, think about it.

it might do, M. and that's a worry. but the lives could be saved don't you think we should look into it along with checks and balances to makes sure there's no sale of body parts?

They shouldn't be taken without consent. It is wrong because it completely disregards a persons right to any beliefs they may have about their body in death, a religious argument per se. I would like people to donate their body parts after death, but I can't ignore their right not to do so and steal their kidney or something. It is unethical.

An opt-out clause is better, but some time needs to be allowed before it comes into practice. That cuts out the apathetic views.

it might do, M. and that's a worry. but the lives could be saved don't you think we should look into it along with checks and balances to makes sure there's no sale of body parts?

Its just that I am amazed at peoples blasé approach to something they obviously haven’t thought about, there as been programs about “gangs” that steal body parts from living people so I am sure obtaining body parts that were harvested wouldn’t be a problem.

…………………….. would it :suspect:

They shouldn't be taken without consent. It is wrong because it completely disregards a persons right to any beliefs they may have about their body in death, a religious argument per se. I would like people to donate their body parts after death, but I can't ignore their right not to do so and steal their kidney or something. It is unethical.

An opt-out clause is better, but some time needs to be allowed before it comes into practice. That cuts out the apathetic views.

Personally, I think the right to life needs to take presidence over any religious beliefs.

Personally, I think the right to life needs to take presidence over any religious beliefs.

I can't agree. If a strong opinion exists that "a body should be whole when it is buried*" then that overrides all the morality about helping a sick person get better. You can impeach the living to consent, you can beg and beg and ask them to reconsider, but you can't steal if they say no.

----

*This idea used to be extremely strong, and the punishment of being hung, drawn and quartered existed so "God couldn't find the soul".

most wise. i too think an opt out system is the best. who would have the right to opt out, though-the deceased? their next of kin?

Its just that I am amazed at peoples blasé approach to something they obviously haven’t thought about, there as been programs about “gangs” that steal body parts from living people so I am sure obtaining body parts that were harvested wouldn’t be a problem.

…………………….. would it :suspect:

We're speaking about a practice that is already in place. The question is, should you have to opt out of being a donor rather than opt in?

If it's already happening then what's the difference?

Archived