Helen Shapiro, beauty of the 60s

dunsel

Dusty's album "Dusty in Memphis" is the 2nd greatest album ever made by a woman, eclipsed only by Carole King's "Tapestry"

Dusty is a Legend, the Finest white soul singer ever, with a unique singing voice that always made my hairs stand on end. I just miss her ............... Watch her sing "Going back" and "Stay Awhile" on you tube, two of my favourites..

These singers from the 50/60s seemed no effort for them to sing, the ones now a days have to almost yodel to reach high notes, and pull such faces, like Celine Dion, she pulls such faces and gets so dramatic, someone should remind her she's already got the job :hihi:

These singers from the 50/60s seemed no effort for them to sing, the ones now a days have to almost yodel to reach high notes, and pull such faces, like Celine Dion, she pulls such faces and gets so dramatic, someone should remind her she's already got the job :hihi:

And they could hold a straight note at the end of a line unlike most of todays so called singers who have to end llines with two or three bends in the note.

Dusty & Karen Carpenter were my favourites, I think Helen Shapiro never reached the best she could have in Mainstream pop

Top brunette! Top blonde was Kathy Kirby. Now this is singing!

That was great. A far cry from the rubbish that appears on the American shows nowadays that we get over here. Can't even hear the words, all sound the same. Someone mentioned Celine Dione. She's actually one of the better ones. Her and Norah Jones.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea Putland was Chairman of the Sheffield branch of the Helen Shapiro fan club.

I went with her to a fan club get together in Manchester where she mimed (in front of Miss Shapiro) to a number of her "hits".

I wince to think of it.

Andrea, where are now?

Archived