215 Alfred Road

Motown

Hello :help:

Could anyone please tell me whats on the site 215 Alfred Road Sheffield

What buildings are there now an what happened to the street an all the houses on alfred road

Any information or history would be appreciated :)

Loads of factories and lorry's by the look on Google Earth/street view,

I don't know which side or where on the road no 215 was on,so I can't say,

JJ..:)

Cheers! :D

I checked google also an thats all i could see :confused:

I had family that lived at 215 alfred road many years ago

Trying to find out when it was demolished or what the place looked like

Thank You

Do you know roughly when alfred road was demolished?

Around 1970. Some properties (shops and "court" housing) on Alfred Road are shown in the 1968 Kelly's Directory, but they had gone by 1972.

Hi Motown - in case it's of interest, here is an old (1914) map of the area, with an arrow showing the approximate location of No 215 Alfred Road. To judge from Google Earth, the "ROM Sheffield Operations" building is now on the site of this part of Alfred Road.

The picturesheffield.com site has this photo taken at the junction of Alfred Road and Stamford Street. No 215 would have been out of sight in the distance, on the left-hand side of the road.

Dear motown the demolshion started aound 1969 to 1972 my family house was on don place just off don rd our house was the last standing one standing the only property left down there is piston ring works you can still see the orignal cobbles coming through the tarmac i used to know loads of people from alfred rd hope this is helpful

Archived