Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

He owns the bridge. It is a private bridge. With the taxes he has collected from people wanting to park near the bridge, he can pay to have the bridge altered, then charge the 'common' person more to use it.

:hihi:

Aye - tis verily a prestigious bridge that others can only aspire to being under..:wow:

If you keep feeding him he'll not fit under his bridge before long.

+1

Don't feed the trolls, it only encourages them. The OP doesn't live in Dore nor is he a rich and successful businessman.

Well, the replies to my OP confirm my original theory that ordinary people treat the wealthy with contempt for no other reason than jealousy.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions.:thumbsup:

I will bow out now, but please feel free to discuss the matter further between yourselves.:)

Well, the replies to my OP confirm my original theory that ordinary people treat the wealthy with contempt for no other reason than jealousy.

I will bow out now, but please feel free to discuss the matter further between yourselves.:)

Aww I'm bowing out too then if there's no-one to laugh at :(

Well, the replies to my OP confirm my original theory that ordinary people treat the wealthy with contempt

I agree with you. I just rode my fire-breathing dragon to Cleethorpes for the day and this flying carpet pulled out on me without indicating. Bleedin commoners.

People have told you that you are wrong but you haven't chosen to carry on with your blinkered view regardless, why is that?

Archived