Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

Does this bring out a jealous streak in you?

Was a little humility and tack something you used your vast wealth to have removed?

Most people aren't jealous of your wealth, for a start we only have your word for it that it exists. I'm sure they'd like to have wealth as well, but that's aspiration, not jealousy.

They will react badly to you rubbing their faces in it though, as you're seeing on this thread.

And as to your OP, I don't notice any difference in behaviour from most drivers when driving either my car or my wifes, but maybe mine isn't quite flash enough to attract the attention. Maybe if you specified what the vehicles were we'd be in a better position to comment.

Most people aren't jealous of your wealth, for a start we only have your word for it that it exists. I'm sure they'd like to have wealth as well, but that's aspiration, not jealousy.

I'd say most people want their own wealth, not someone else's; if that makes sense (i.e. they don't want to take if from someone else; rather, they want to generate their own wealth).

They will react badly to you rubbing their faces in it though, as you're seeing on this thread.

Not really; they just recognise it for what it is. People can react in many ways to being wealthy; some feels it makes them more important as people (perhaps they feel lacking on some level); others are more grounded.

With the types that derive a sense of self-importance and supreiority over others; from having wealth, I tend to feel pity for them. They're victims of their own mind-sets.

I'd say most people want their own wealth, not someone else's; if that makes sense (i.e. they don't want to take if from someone else; rather, they want to generate their own wealth).

That's what I said wasn't it? The aspire to have wealth, not they aspire to have your wealth.

Not really; they just recognise it for what it is. People can react in many ways to being wealthy; some feels it makes them more important as people (perhaps they feel lacking on some level); others are more grounded.

And when the former is detected people respond appropriately. I'm not sure that manostrad is wealthy at all, he talks about it too much.

That's what I said wasn't it? The aspire to have wealth, not they aspire to have your wealth.

And when the former is detected people respond appropriately. I'm not sure that manostrad is wealthy at all, he talks about it too much.

I'm damned sure he isn't!

Yes, I guess we're pretty much on the same page Cyclone.

I guess what I was getting at; is that when a person is making a point of how wealthy they are, kinda rubbing it in; I recognise that they're suffering from a form of mild mental illness; and likely plauged with feelings of inadequency, which they are trying to redress by gaining peoples' approval etc.

It's not required to respond badly; just to recognise such people have bought in to the mind-set that having money makes one a more valuable person (i.e. it's not who you are; rather, what you have that makes you a worth-while person). It's understandable that people think like this, given the nature of the culture we live in.

Also, it is just as possible for a poor person to be the victim of such a mind-set, as a rich person.

Yes, I guess we're pretty much on the same page Cyclone.

I guess what I was getting at; is that when a person is making a point of how wealthy they are, kinda rubbing it in; I recognise that they're suffering from a form of mild mental illness; and likely plauged with feelings of inadequency, which they are trying to redress by gaining peoples' approval etc.

It's not required to respond badly; just to recognise such people have bought in to the mind-set that having money makes one a more valuable person (i.e. it's not who you are; rather, what you have that makes you a worth-while person). It's understandable that people think like this, given the nature of the culture we live in.

Also, it is just as possible for a poor person to be the victim of such a mind-set, as a rich person.

It's what I pointed out at the start of the thread. Having money is not the problem, constantly ramming the fact that they have money down another person's throat is.

Archived