Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

In fact, quite the contrary: based on experience, I'm more wary of clients swanning around in e.g. Porsche SUVs and 7-series Beemers, than of clients in practical Mondeos or Vectras, as far as their ability/willingness to pay my bills are concerned :D

Ah the "all flash - no cash" argument. I'd have to say I agree - those that have the trappings of wealth do tend somethimes to do so in lieu of the real deal.

This has proved to be very interesting. Even though I was pretty sure that my theory was correct, I am shocked at how many people on here are jealous of wealth. I have experienced a lot of name calling simply for saying I have money, how bizzare!:)

One thing I have noticed amongst my wealthy peers is that none of them, including myself, call each other names for being wealthy. This is for the simple reason that we have nothing to be jealous of, we all have money.

For those of you who do suffer from envy, may I offer a little advice. Try not to get too wrapped up in what others have got, this can lead to bitterness if you are not achieving what you want. Concentrate on your own goals and remain focused and you WILL realise your dreams. Good luck.:)

Whereas you are caught up in your dreams.

There are four known multi-millionaires and at least 3 probable millionaires in my golf club. Off the course they dress like bums or extemely nondescipt. The Rolex watches give away two of them and one of them drives around in a 1979 yellow Ford Granada

It's not considered cool to talk about personal wealth in my part of the world. In fact doing so tends to make people think you're just a bullsheeter.

There are four known multi-millionaires and at least 3 probable millionaires in my golf club. Off the course they dress like bums or extemely nondescipt. The Rolex watches give away two of them and one of them drives around in a 1979 yellow Ford Granada

It's not considered cool to talk about personal wealth in my part of the world. In fact doing so tends to make people think you're just a bullsheeter.

The same is true here Harley. There's just the odd tosspot that doesn't know.

Archived