Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

There are four known multi-millionaires and at least 3 probable millionaires in my golf club. Off the course they dress like bums or extemely nondescipt. The Rolex watches give away two of them and one of them drives around in a 1979 yellow Ford Granada

It's not considered cool to talk about personal wealth in my part of the world. In fact doing so tends to make people think you're just a bullsheeter.

Putting aside the fact that the OP is quite clearly trolling, the idea of conspicuous wealth is indeed an interesting one.

You will get the "old money" where they keep the Jags hidden in the garage, and the "new money" where the Porsche has to be kept on the drive so the neighbours can see it.

But most interesting of all are the knockers of wealth who will decry it on the forum and then hand their own pittance over the turnstiles at some football ground to just the sort of people they despise. It is indeed a strange world.:hihi:

Putting aside the fact that the OP is quite clearly trolling, the idea of conspicuous wealth is indeed an interesting one.

You will get the "old money" where they keep the Jags hidden in the garage, and the "new money" where the Porsche has to be kept on the drive so the neighbours can see it.

But most interesting of all are the knockers of wealth who will decry it on the forum and then hand their own pittance over the turnstiles at some football ground to just the sort of people they despise. It is indeed a strange world.:hihi:

Excellent post, well put ,apart from the silly trolling comment which almost made you look like one of the jealous!;)

Ah the "all flash - no cash" argument. I'd have to say I agree - those that have the trappings of wealth do tend somethimes to do so in lieu of the real deal.
I don't know if I would call it an argument as such...as a I posted, just experience ;)

Oh, and over here (for Harleyman's benefit ;)) these are called "all fur and no knickers" :D

Excellent post, well put ,apart from the silly trolling comment which almost made you look like one of the jealous!;)

Jealous? Not really. Perhaps if you were a bit less obvious as a troll it would help. You weren't much better when you were claiming to have an Ariel Atom. You need to try harder.

I have two brothers. One is rich, the other is poor.

One doesn't have much money and has 2 children. He lives within his means. He's rich.

The other has one adult child (who he doesn't support.) He has more money than my younger brother and enough to pay his bills, but he's always worried that he doesn't have enough. He's poor.

Don't you read? How terribly sad.

Pity he doesn't read. there's no way he would take notice of this link

no one is jealous of you. I think most people just take pity on you for being so pathetic. I will give you snaps for dragging this troll post out to 10 pages, though.

Archived