Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

Pity he doesn't read. there's no way he would take notice of this link

no one is jealous of you. I think most people just take pity on you for being so pathetic. I will give you snaps for dragging this troll post out to 10 pages, though.

Could you explain the link to me Scozzie, I have trouble reading you see.:(

I have two brothers. One is rich, the other is poor.

One doesn't have much money and has 2 children. He lives within his means. He's rich.

The other has one adult child (who he doesn't support.) He has more money than my younger brother and enough to pay his bills, but he's always worried that he doesn't have enough. He's poor.

Interesting, does the rich brother that is poor call the poor brother that is rich a vulgar troll?

Piers Morgan said when he parks his MG in England it gets keyed, when he parks it in the US he just gets compliments on it, he said that more than once on his CNN talk show.

His car would get keyed whatever the make.

Some people just don't like him!

Interesting, does the rich brother that is poor call the poor brother that is rich a vulgar troll?

No he doesn't (they're not on speaking terms.)

The brother with little money enjoys life to the full. - Makes the best of what he's got.

The other one turns down the heat in winter, shivers and is miserable.

That's an interesting question and the first sensible reply of the thread.

The answer is that I'm not sure which. I suppose it is all relative, although judging by the response so far I would think I am rich!?

Them that have it don't have to brag about it. Your attitude is very middle class. or as I like to call them "the wannabes"

Maybe it's you who has the problem wanting other drivers to cow-tow to you just because you have an expensive car, or so you say.

There are good polite drivers and there are bad rude drivers, that's life.

That's an interesting question and the first sensible reply of the thread.

The answer is that I'm not sure which. I suppose it is all relative, although judging by the response so far I would think I am rich!?

I suppose I'm fabulously wealthy. I can afford to pay my bills and I'm happy with my lot.

Thought I would add a new perspective to the debate,

Although he is stirring the pot, and I don't particularly like his attitude, Manofstrad has a point, people dislike money because it reminds them of their own failings.

Its the tall poppy syndrome- as soon as you do alright for yourself people want to cut you down. No need to be vulgar and show-off but as a self employed person I understand that if you make a bit of money you want other people to know about it! otherwise whats the point of working hard??

short of actually getting your hard earned out in the street, how do you do this? well you buy cars, clothes, watches, houses etc.

Entrepreneurs understand this because we don't necessarily have high status 'titles' and justifiable job descriptions like some professions.

Anyway I have clients to tend to! ta-ta.

He probably would if he spent his entire life on Sheffield Forum inventing new identities and starting interminable threads trying to big himself up. You normally find those sort of people don't have much of a life, don't have many friends and very likely don't have a job.

Incidentally I know the Devonshire arms in Dore very well indeed. I know the names of the band that play there after a match and the footballer who sings with them.

Archived