Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

flash car drivers are pretentious prats, vulgar and tasteless

What a ridiculous thing to say, a prime example of binary thinking. Driving a Ferrari, Aston, Bentley etc does not make someone vulgar or tasteless, quite the opposite in fact. These cars are the finest in the world, you just sound very jealous.:)

What a ridiculous thing to say, a prime example of binary thinking. Driving a Ferrari, Aston, Bentley etc does not make someone vulgar or tasteless, quite the opposite in fact. These cars are the finest in the world, you just sound very jealous.:)

What a predictable response. I have a Citroen DS thanks, the finest car ever made.

I was also speaking hypothetically, I do not necessarily deem the flash car driver tasteless. It depends on their dress and attitude.

During the week I drive a fairly modest car and I give out and receive courtesy from other road users.

Come the weekend I fetch something rather more expensive and prestigious out of my garage.

I offer the same amount of courtesy to other road users as I do in my day to day ride, but the reaction from them is totally different. They will not let me out at junctions or they look at me with disgust when they pull up next to me. Ridiculous when you think about it!

This attitude towards the rich has been further pointed out by many people who post on here. Another current thread points out the habit of people calling anyone wealthier than themselves a "ten bob millionaire".

Is this simply a case of jealousy or is there some other reason for this hatred of success? :huh:

the fact that you assume its because of jelousy, or "hatred of success" just shows that this post is a "look at me, so much more successful than the rest of you.. just letting you know".. but to actually answer your question i find that people are just disrespectful on the road to each other no matter what car you drive.. just the selfishness of everyone really.

could i ask what type of car you're talking about?

See, that just proves the point that you have the car to flash it about & because it is expensive, not because you know a good car. SOME ferraris, SOME astons, SOME Bentleys are good, but some of them aren't.

That really is splitting hairs. They are the finest cars in the world. I just can't understand why it gets up so many peoples noses that generaly they are driven by the finest people?:rolleyes:

See what I mean about the general thinking on SF?

If someone is successful it cannot be accepted.

You are obviously pretentious, arrogant blah blah blah blah :loopy:

Some people on here are just ****** they didn't work harder when younger.

the fact that you assume its because of jelousy, or "hatred of success" just shows that this post is a "look at me, so much more successful than the rest of you.. just letting you know".. but to actually answer your question i find that people are just disrespectful on the road to each other no matter what car you drive.. just the selfishness of everyone really.

could i ask what type of car you're talking about?

If I told you wouldn't that be the same as saying "look at me, so much more successful than the rest of you.. just letting you know"? :rolleyes:

See what I mean about the general thinking on SF?

If someone is successful it cannot be accepted.

You are obviously pretentious, arrogant blah blah blah blah :loopy:

Some people on here are just ****** they didn't work harder when younger.

Quite right, If you are succesful you are either labeled a "ten bob millionaire" or a "troll"! Disgusting.:roll:

If I told you wouldn't that be the same as saying "look at me, so much more successful than the rest of you.. just letting you know"? :rolleyes:

well im trying to answer your original "question".

there are nice, expensive, and classic cars that people will admire and probly give respect to - so if you drive one of those i dont see why people would be being ignorant just because of the car.

however. there are some flashy, ridiculous super car looking type things - which with the crappy speed limit in the UK are usually bought by people wanting to say "look at all my money.. LOOK AT IIT!!!" those type of cars make people think "what a t*sser".

just sayin :)

well im trying to answer your original "question".

there are nice, expensive, and classic cars that people will admire and probly give respect to - so if you drive one of those i dont see why people would be being ignorant just because of the car.

however. there are some flashy, ridiculous super car looking type things - which with the crappy speed limit in the UK are usually bought by people wanting to say "look at all my money.. LOOK AT IIT!!!" those type of cars make people think "what a t*sser".

just sayin :)

It's a nice notion but I am not convinced. My wife drives a nice robust, safe 4x4 to ferry the kids around in. She often complains about the nasty looks she gets when parked near school on Furness Avenue.

I'm not sure, perhaps it's because jealous folk laugh and call them pathetic?

No, it's not that at all. Why you do feel the need to drive a flash car and then come on here stating that you have a flash car?

Archived