Why do we behave differently towards the rich?

No, it's not that at all. Why you do feel the need to drive a flash car and then come on here stating that you have a flash car?

I came on here asking the question "why do we behave differently towards the rich?" I used cars as an example. Yes I have a flash car and for some strange reason my mentioning it seems to get right up your nose!:huh:

Take a chill pill.;):)

Manofstrad - Mmmm spending saturday night and sunday afternoon on SF. Maybe you just need to get out more.

Nope, I'm fine thanks. Took my daughter tacking this morning then went for a top down spin around the peaks in the motor, beautiful day. How about yourself?:)

Are you rich or just well off?

The millys have a decent life but you will find that it is the billys that run the world.

You're not a billy are you ? :hihi:

from all the pomp and arrogance, I'd say he is either a full time troll, or it is newly inherited money.

well im trying to answer your original "question".

there are nice, expensive, and classic cars that people will admire and probly give respect to - so if you drive one of those i dont see why people would be being ignorant just because of the car.

however. there are some flashy, ridiculous super car looking type things - which with the crappy speed limit in the UK are usually bought by people wanting to say "look at all my money.. LOOK AT IIT!!!" those type of cars make people think "what a t*sser".

just sayin :)

The same thing is evident in a lot of manofstrad's threads.

Is this simply a case of jealousy or is there some other reason for this hatred of success? :huh:

It depends how you've got your money as to whether or not people will respect you, how did you make yours and maybe we could all comment?

I'm not sure having a lot of money is a sign of success either!

:hihi::hihi: Gosh no!

I must tell you though that a family who are rumored to be lottery winners have moved onto the lane. They are tacky beyond belief!:o

you should get on well then, because that is how you come across in your posts. :o

Although somewhat witty and up for playing games..... perfect for an amusing troll.

During the week I drive a fairly modest car and I give out and receive courtesy from other road users.

Come the weekend I fetch something rather more expensive and prestigious out of my garage.

I offer the same amount of courtesy to other road users as I do in my day to day ride, but the reaction from them is totally different. They will not let me out at junctions or they look at me with disgust when they pull up next to me. Ridiculous when you think about it!

This attitude towards the rich has been further pointed out by many people who post on here. Another current thread points out the habit of people calling anyone wealthier than themselves a "ten bob millionaire".

Is this simply a case of jealousy or is there some other reason for this hatred of success? :huh:

The simple fact is you are the definition of a TEN BOB MILLIONAIRE..

I think you only use these threads to let everyone know how 'pretend' rich you are. TRULLY well off people dont come on forums boasting and bleating about how much money they've got or what cars they have..

Archived