Where can we play Badminton

Hi Ken,

You need 6 players to enter a team plus reserves as there are always times when someone can't play! There are different team setups in the league - all male, all female, mixed (3 men 3 women) and combined (also 3 men 3 women). The combined is where the men (and women) play 2 games with each of the other men/women and then 1 mixed game. The season has just started now so you wouldn't be able to enter a team until next year and I would guess you have to be able to offer a permanent night when your team could play home matches (thus meaning you'd have to have courts available somewhere on a certain night). I know both Wisewood school and the institute of sport have courts and are trying to get more interest in badminton so if you couldn't get a fixed time at hillsborough they may help. I reckon the league secretary is probably your best bet for more info but I hope this helps to be going along with!

Archived