Could Colonlel Gadaffi shoot down holiday jets - best to fly from Poland

We are planning our Holidays, Majorca which sounds good.

Problem is, things are kicking off in Libya and I reclon that Mr Gadaffi will be shooting down holiday jets as they make their way to Majorca or Ibiza.

I do feel that provided you avoid British Airways jets you will be OK, however would Colonel Gadaffi have any problems shooting down a Jet2 plane, or Ryanair? after all, if they leave an airport in the UK,that makes them a target.

Would it be safer to drve to Poland, and then fly from there - we would not be then on a British Airliner

So how do we get round this? ferrys getting sunk, ryanair planes, jet2 planes being shot down.

Our holiday plans will be ruined.

If you are on a plane that gets shot down over the mediteraian, then its unlikely that you will be able to put a claim in for compensation when you get back to the UK. As the Insurance Companies will claim the Med is a blacklisted area for flights.

Do you think Gadaffi will only shoot down planes that are from the UK/France? will he also try to shoot down Swedish Passenger Planes?

Lets be right, they brought down a plane in 1988. How easy would it be to shoot down Passenger PLanes with anti aircraft missles ?

So how do we get round this? ferrys getting sunk, ryanair planes, jet2 planes being shot down.

Our holiday plans will be ruined.

If you are on a plane that gets shot down over the mediteraian, then its unlikely that you will be able to put a claim in for compensation when you get back to the UK. As the Insurance Companies will claim the Med is a blacklisted area for flights.

Do you think Gadaffi will only shoot down planes that are from the UK/France? will he also try to shoot down Swedish Passenger Planes?

Lets be right, they brought down a plane in 1988. How easy would it be to shoot down Passenger PLanes with anti aircraft missles ?

If you got shot down I doubt you would be around to make a claim.:hihi:

Let's see.

650 miles between the two so old Gaffers must have developed a SAM far superior to anything the yanks have.

Next - What's a thick dole scrounger doing thinking (I use that word loosely) about a foreign holiday?

Archived