Life is what you make it!

Arrrgggghhhh ! Oi seen many a good shipboard mate kiss the gunner's daughter for mutterin' such oaths aboard a ship o' the line.

Old mate Swami be's a scurvy land lubber oi reckon

You learn all this stuff when you've take the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyland :hihi:

I've spliced the mainbrace on many a royal event, Coronation, weddings, royal births. Never for the divorces however,which is a great shame. To you landlubbers, splicing the mainbrace is an extra ration of rum to celebrate. Rum was issued daily to any RN member pver the age of 20 until the 70s when it was stopped. Beer is still permitted aboard Her Majesty's Ships. 2 ounces of rum was issued to Chief and Petty Officers neat, but lower ranks had to have 4 ounces of water added to make it grog

Attitude plays a major part in life too, how you handle things. If youre a miserable, self-obsessed mardy arse then a splinter in your finger is going to seem like a lifetime of hell, but if you take a lighter outlook on things and realise there are Christ knows how many people out there who would kill to be on your shoes then even the worst calamity can be overcome.

I've spliced the mainbrace on many a royal event, Coronation, weddings, royal births. Never for the divorces however,which is a great shame. To you landlubbers, splicing the mainbrace is an extra ration of rum to celebrate. Rum was issued daily to any RN member pver the age of 20 until the 70s when it was stopped. Beer is still permitted aboard Her Majesty's Ships. 2 ounces of rum was issued to Chief and Petty Officers neat, but lower ranks had to have 4 ounces of water added to make it grog

No alcohol on US Navy ships. Drier than Salt Lake city on Sundays.

I was aboard a carrier for a few weeks during exercises.

Not even the officers got any.

A life on the ocean wave? Not me Harleyman...I got seasick on the Bridlington Belle. :hihi:

Your memory is playing tricks on you, the boats in Bridlington were the Yorkshire Belle(thats still there) and the Bridlington Queen. There was also the Thornwick and the Flamborian at one time:hihi::hihi:

Your memory is playing tricks on you, the boats in Bridlington were the Yorkshire Belle(thats still there) and the Bridlington Queen. There was also the Thornwick and the Flamborian at one time:hihi::hihi:

I remember the old Bridlington Queen very well. A trip to Flamboro Head was always part of the holday. This was around the late 40's/early 50s.

There used to be an old bloke on board with an accordion who used to sing "I'd like to get you on a slow boat to China"

Archived