Life is what you make it!

Attitude plays a major part in life too, how you handle things. If youre a miserable, self-obsessed mardy arse then a splinter in your finger is going to seem like a lifetime of hell, but if you take a lighter outlook on things and realise there are Christ knows how many people out there who would kill to be on your shoes then even the worst calamity can be overcome.

I couldn't agree more Jabbers...learning to walk a mile in someone else's shoes tells us more about ourselves than most of us realise IMO. Calamity is a state of mind.

Realising the impact of attitude on life is a valuable asset. Attitude is more important than facts...than the past...than education, money, circumstances, failures, successes and more important than what other people say or do.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have...and that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with all of us IMO...we are in charge of our attitudes.

Having got that off my chest...nice to see you posting! :D

Your memory is playing tricks on you, the boats in Bridlington were the Yorkshire Belle(thats still there) and the Bridlington Queen. There was also the Thornwick and the Flamborian at one time:hihi::hihi:

It was a side effect of the sea sickness. :hihi:

No alcohol on US Navy ships. Drier than Salt Lake city on Sundays.

I was aboard a carrier for a few weeks during exercises.

Not even the officers got any.

I spent time abooard a few US Carriers from time to time, USS Saratoga, USS Wasp, USS Midway, and Enterprise. Gibraltar was favorite. There was room to tie up a couple of the Carriers that were smaller than today's monsters. So the US Chiefs and senior POs would come aboard to share a litttle rum, then we'd go over to them for chow. They learned how to fly on using the mirror landing aid we invented.:)

Be happy people...you have a choice. :)

Thank you for this video...I saw this young man in a movie about an old time circus but never knew he was on youtube as himself . I am very grateful to you.

I try my utmost to be positive and happy...I don't do negative it's non productive and makes illness worse. Though I paid my dues as a 24/7 caregiver for more years than I care to remember and having recently been bed ridden or in a wheelchair for 15 months. I should be a miserable owd sod..but this quote of my dads is what I have always lived by

" If you can get out of bed every day is a holiday "

If you meet a very miserable old person in say their late 80s say what I did once.

" Sir you are living proof the good die young." His wife behind him roared with laughter..

Thank you for this video...I saw this young man in a movie about an old time circus but never knew he was on youtube as himself . I am very grateful to you.

I try my utmost to be positive and happy...I don't do negative it's non productive and makes illness worse. Though I paid my dues as a 24/7 caregiver for more years than I care to remember and having recently been bed ridden or in a wheelchair for 15 months. I should be a miserable owd sod..but this quote of my dads is what I have always lived by

" If you can get out of bed every day is a holiday "

If you meet a very miserable old person in say their late 80s say what I did once.

" Sir you are living proof the good die young." His wife behind him roared with laughter..

I shall hit the big 80 this August. Apart from the little matter of four serious attacks of pneumonia since the brginning of last year, and a near fatal car crash last September, I'm in fine fettle. I have survived a crash in 1979 which killed my wife, sn spsrtment fire in Montreal, a tornado in 1979, a cardiac arrest in 1990, a fire aboard the Carrier HMS Indomitable in 1952, cancer of the larynx 10 years ago. I married my superb Irishwoman in 1982, and nobody could be happier.Thank you for your post. Too many people write us off, but while ever i can continue to do the things I like, playing freecell, beating the panelists on Jeopardy, watching Uconn basketball men or women beating the best in college, the rest can go to hell:)

Archived