Has anyone been to the space centre, Leicester?

Hi

Has anyone been to The Space Centre in Lecister? We are thinking of taking the children nex week but not sure if it is suitable for a 3yr old. I know that they have a lot going off there but not sure if it is aimed more at older children. I dont want to go if the little one is not going to have much to do.

Hope you can advise.

Yes it is really for older children, I would say 5+, although there are a lot of things to look at and touch. There is an awesome cine presentation, but I would not take my now 6 year old to see it because she would be too scared. I would prefer conkers at leicester, or Eureka in Huddersfield - have you been to those?

Hi, I have not been to conkers but have been to Eurika, was thinking about taking them back there as the little one was to young the 1st time we went. It is such a shame when they don't aim it at all ages. The eldest would have loved it. He is 7 and loves space. What is conkers?

it has got a mixture of wide open space to roam in and interesting facts about wildlife, the earth etc indoor and 2 playgrounds, one for younger and one for older children, mine are 6 and 12 but when they were 3 and 9 both loved the 'older' playground, it's also got a train that goes round and they have a dome with different shows -mostly involving exotic animals which are very good. Rubbish if the weather is crap though!

Hi, would second cazzamuttitt's comments - took my 5 and 2 yrs old to the space centre last half term, 2yr old was terrified of the cinema thing, which was a shame as it's by far the best bit and a fair chunk of it went over the head of the five year old too. Leave it a few years. Oh, and if anyone suffers from vertigo or general being up high anxiety, it's not the place for you. Biiiig vertical drops and toddlers hammering on glass barriers do not a happy mummy make! :)

Archived