Martial arts in Sheffield

ads21

The Tengu Dojo martial arts club:

http://www.japanese-martial-arts-sheffield.co.uk

Hello, I was looking at coming down, I have checked out your vids on your site and they look good.

I would not be able to attend a weeks worth as training as I train in the week at other MA DoJo's

Can I pay per lesson? If so, how much please,

Thanks, Hary

• 2 weeks later...

Traditional Japanese jujitsu is a system of self defence which was taught to the Samurai in feudal Japan. Parts of it now form the basis of self defence packages taught to law enforcement agencies worldwide. It incorporates locks, strikes, throws, groundfighting and defence from various weapons including knives and bats.

Sessions are as follows

Wednesday 19:45 - 21:45 - Hillsborough Leisure Centre (adult and junior)

Wednesday 20:00 - 22:00 - Goodwin Sports Centre, Sheffield University (adult)

Thursday 20:00 - 22:00 - Goodwin Sports Centre, Sheffield University (adult)

Friday 19:45 - 21:45 - Hillsborough Leisure Centre (adult and junior)

Saturday 11:00 - 13:00 - Goodwin Sports Centre, Sheffield University (adult)

Sessions are £3 at Goodwin and £4 / £3 concessions at Hillsborough

Hope to see you there

Ive looked into AFK before but my problem is the initial 'coming down there' part...

I regard myself as a pretty confident guy but to go into a gym and not only be unfit but not having a clue what im doing... when everyone else does... its daunting tbh.

Dont think you put this in your post so I will ask... can I just come down to watch a begginers class or would I have to just jump straight in?

Ive looked into AFK before but my problem is the initial 'coming down there' part...

I regard myself as a pretty confident guy but to go into a gym and not only be unfit but not having a clue what im doing... when everyone else does... its daunting tbh.

Dont think you put this in your post so I will ask... can I just come down to watch a begginers class or would I have to just jump straight in?

BR to sick,

AFK is a very welcoming gym. Due to the gym not being massive, we always have extra instructors on hand and everyone gets good personal one on one attention. Ring me on 07775 914155 if you want to have a chat.

BR to sick,

AFK is a very welcoming gym. Due to the gym not being massive, we always have extra instructors on hand and everyone gets good personal one on one attention. Ring me on 07775 914155 if you want to have a chat.

Thanks for the reply. I will give you a ring on Monday sometime or if your available on weekends on saturday?

Yeah I did look at Jiu Jitsu, but enjoy the punching and kicking side of things which I gather they don't do much of that? Unless I'm mistaken. Muay Thai does look good I must admit, but prefer light/semi contact. Being very tall as well, I didnt know if a martial arts which involves throws would suit me?

Hi,

Some good people on this thread giving you sensible advice and options.

Only thing I'd add - if you're looking for 'practical/street' then you need to do full contact - that's the only way you get used to the forces really being generated in a real-life situation.

Lots of good clubs in Sheffield where you can do full-contact in a controlled way to build your confidence and competence.

But light/semi doesn't prepare anyone for real conflict.

Try a few of the clubs and find which is best for you.

Good luck.

Archived