Best roast pork sandwich shop ?

• 5 years later...

Zombie thread................ resurrection..........

John Crawshaws at Chapeltown do a wonderful pork sandwich, and the value for money vs what you get can't be bettered in the area.

There is a Bere's just down the road, but there is no comparison either in price or quality!

I go in the new market when in town...lovely pork sarnie with all the trimmings....stuffing ,apple sauce,crackling plus a couple of roast pots on the side,last time i went i asked for a couple extra..5 lovely warm ones were placed on my plate...all for under £3.00...:D:D:D

Had a Pork Sandwich from Kemps at Swallownest some time ago and was told that they did not do crackling because of health and safety reasons. What a load of rubbish.

What next, never heard that one before, they don't deserve to sell any then.

My favourite is from Funks on Hillsborough you get proper crackle there not that which is cooked separately from the joint as with Beres.

Anyone tried Sandwich Division on Division Street or Lunch Stop on West Street? I’ve had sandwiches from both before but not tried their hot roast pork yet.

• 4 months later...

I was up in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago and had to spend quite a bit of time in town, sorting out family stuff at the Town Hall and Registrar's offices.  I popped in to the Moor Market food area a couple of times for summat  to eat and I'm happy to recommend a couple of pork sandwiches I had in there. The first was from Sally's Kitchen. Nice, big, soft breadcake, a decent amount of tender, tasty pork, a generous amount of stuffing/apple sauce and a nice, crunchy chunk of crackling.

The second pork sarnie I had was from McKay's - practically next door to Sally's. This one came with the added bonus of a portion of nice, tasty, roast potatoes served with it.  I'd score them both pretty equally. The Sally's pork sarnie is a bit bigger and a bit more generously filled, but the Mckay's  sarni is perfectly nice too - and the roast potatoes are a nice additional touch.