Best roast pork sandwich shop ?

Yes - Friedrich's sandwiches were superb, also their pies. Now it's Béres for me - delicious pork sandwiches. I bought a "Jumbo" one the other week from their Middlewood Road shop and then got on a No 14 bus. I couldn't wait until I got off at Wisewood School, so I started scoffing it on the bus. The delicious aroma wafted around the bus and several of the other passengers looked at me, hungrily and enviously..:P

You can still get ha'penny ducks in Ashby (near Scunthorpe) market. They are called "savoury ducks" but are just the same as I remember them from Funk's in the 1960s.. Mmmmmm.... I'm getting hungry....:)

I remember my dad bringing cracklin home on a Friday from Friedrich's. It was bliss and also the inner fat of the cracklin. Surprised both of us are still alive.

Does anyone know if the shop still exists?

wheres sharrow?

It's the row of shops behind Eccy Road, starting at Hunter's Bar and going townwards.

Roney's is on Sharrow Vale Road, on the corner of Hickmott Road, if you want to look that up on an online map.

It's the row of shops behind Eccy Road, starting at Hunter's Bar and going townwards.

Roney's is on Sharrow Vale Road, on the corner of Hickmott Road, if you want to look that up on an online map.

oh right i think i know where you mean now:)

After a walk past yesterday, I think the Chesterfield road shop I referred to might be next door but one to Wendys dog salon, it has a black sign I do believe :) Still didnt take in the name though :hihi:

I was of course talking absolute nonsense here... It is next door to wendys, Mr B's, fantastic!!

I am going back to the 80s now but the one i remember was Carneys on South st Walkley at that time i drove for the council at the Northfield rd depot and it was a regular shopping list for the lads in the yard. Dipped bread cakes in dripping, salt added thick pork cut from the joint crackling, stuffing and apple sauce in other words "The full monty" good job we wore safety boots just in case you ever dropped one on your foot one was enough for any mortal apart from one hungry nosed B who shall remain nameless who always ordered 3 i think he passed away quite a few years ago and was taken to the service by low loader the other thing was they were always pipeing HOT now i have gone and made myself hungry HAPPY DAYS.

I am going back to the 80s now but the one i remember was Carneys on South st Walkley at that time i drove for the council at the Northfield rd depot and it was a regular shopping list for the lads in the yard. Dipped bread cakes in dripping, salt added thick pork cut from the joint crackling, stuffing and apple sauce in other words "The full monty" good job we wore safety boots just in case you ever dropped one on your foot one was enough for any mortal apart from one hungry nosed B who shall remain nameless who always ordered 3 i think he passed away quite a few years ago and was taken to the service by low loader the other thing was they were always pipeing HOT now i have gone and made myself hungry HAPPY DAYS.

great story Jack..Never seems the same nowdays, Iremember the old butcher or Lady dishing up..Cuts the roll and dips it. Then the pork cut as you wait..stuffing and a nice piece of crackling..Does it still exist...Didnt see it last time I was there... 2006