Devonshire Market & Sensoria Street Party 29th April

I had a cake stall there but for me was more about marketing as I generally do wedding/event cakes - I do agree that there were way too many other cake stalls there. If it was my main business it wouldn't be worth doing another with that much competition!

Every bugger's doing cupcakes now it seems!!

Was a good day tho, really enjoyed it and there was a good vibe about the place

Hey

thanks for the feedback. Will take note on the Cupcake numbers and see what we can do. Maybe with there being the street party as well this encouraged people along. We are hoping that as the market grows that it will find a balance.

If there are too many of one type of stall - then no-one does enough business, so we will try and keep that balance. TBH with the food we though originally we had booked too many food stalls, but with the numbers who came all the food guys had a great day. So we will try and add some more to the next one.

Agree re the farmers market style stalls - something we wont to do more of. We reckon a few extra vintage and clothing stalls might help as well.

We are looking to change the theme of the entertainment each market - so there isn't a fixed music policy. Personally I quite enjoyed it - its great music for when the sun's out.

Will post up again when we have more information (very soon!)

x

We had a lovely mooch round the stalls but my only criticism is that some of the clothing stalls were very very expensive. For a student stall who is just trying to make a bit of money, £58 was a ridiculous price for a dress.. especially when there were three others on the rail? Maybe its just me, but I can't imagine they sold much that day.

We had a lovely mooch round the stalls but my only criticism is that some of the clothing stalls were very very expensive. For a student stall who is just trying to make a bit of money, £58 was a ridiculous price for a dress.. especially when there were three others on the rail? Maybe its just me, but I can't imagine they sold much that day.

for a handmade dress in a unique design, in a limited run of perhaps only 3 sizes, that seems pretty reasonable to me....but granted, maybe not appropriate to the customers coming to the market.

it takes along time to get right what will sell where and why...so maybe that was what they were doing?

ive had try this the same way taking a variety of products in a wide range of prices to test each market when i try a new event....they cant get enough of my headbands in birmingham, but in nottingham the fascinator reigns supreme, yet in leicester its hair clips!

x

Hey

thanks for the feedback. Will take note on the Cupcake numbers and see what we can do. Maybe with there being the street party as well this encouraged people along. We are hoping that as the market grows that it will find a balance.

If there are too many of one type of stall - then no-one does enough business, so we will try and keep that balance. TBH with the food we though originally we had booked too many food stalls, but with the numbers who came all the food guys had a great day. So we will try and add some more to the next one.

Agree re the farmers market style stalls - something we wont to do more of. We reckon a few extra vintage and clothing stalls might help as well.

We are looking to change the theme of the entertainment each market - so there isn't a fixed music policy. Personally I quite enjoyed it - its great music for when the sun's out.

Will post up again when we have more information (very soon!)

x

Was a cracker for a first one, and I didn't do too badly to be fair ; )

Archived