After Dark firework display, is it good?

neeeeeeeeeek

Was thinking of going to the big firework display and wanted peoples opinions on it. For me, firework displays should be in a big field with a fire and a display. Fair enough it needs to be safe and all that but you should have the freedom to wander about with a beer or can of pop and also see some nice fireworks. I can't see anything at the arena having the same feeling, are you squished in or can you wander about? Whats it like?? any info appreciated.

Taaa.

:)

I've been a couple of times. You can wander about and there's a fair and burger vans and stuff and people selling flashing necklaces and that. Lots of families. Big firework display very professinally done. No bonfire, as I recall. However, it chucked it down one year and was very depressing and cold.

We went two years ago. It was quite good really.

Loads of stuff for the kids, live bands on stage and a MAHOOSIVE fireworks display going off to the sound of music.

There was a fire as well when we went and they had people dancing around with fire batons, fire eaters etc...

I think we're going again this year :)

i personally think the fireworks display is excellent, i went last year and was that impressed that i've got most of my family to come up from birmingham this year... now maybe i'm either easily pleased, or just from birmingham (hence the reason i moved up here!) but i thought it was great, they let the fireworks go to the music playing which is very dramatical with an amazing finale, talking of finale they do have a mad rush at the end as everybody tries to get out the place, but overall i would recomend it. watch the show and then find a safe place to watch all the lemmings disperse and i guarantee you will have a good night.... no refund if ya don't!!!

i've seen them advertised in loads of shop windows and on a few roundabouts...the only act that i know is on is simon webb ( the geezer from blue) on hallem fm stage, gates open at 5.30, music kicks off at 6.30 the bonfire gets started at 7.30 and the firework display starts at 8.30 and tickets are £6 0114 2565656. i dont work for them by the way....i've just copied what it says in exposed magazine. ta!

Archived